Fun in the snow

———————————————————————————————

-(Y/N) POV-

It had now been around half a year since we moved to Hosu. Everything was good in many areas of the new life we had been building for ourselves.

Me and Eiji were now keeping up with all the subjects that Iyo was teaching, and we could spend the time that we used to spend catching up to Rin doing other things. The three of us were often finding ourselves visiting Sena during our free time, which I noticed that she enjoyed a lot.

We had been able to get one of the Orders that live on our floor to help us with combat training, since we had no idea where to start with that. We started working with weapons, much to Iyo's concern. She really didn't want to give ten and eleven year olds potentially deadly tools, but we were given them anyway. We all made a point of learning how to use guns, with only me and Rin getting weapons for close combat as well, since Eiji was confident he wouldn't be able to lose a fight within Bind Dominator's territory. I frequently proved him wrong, but he was being stubborn, saying it was only because no Order he made lasted long when going against me. I just practiced with a knife while Rin tried learning to use a katana. We practiced with weapons on our own, often sparring to try and develop our own styles rather than be taught someone else's.

Lastly, there was Chiyori. The business with Chiyori was difficult to label as good or bad. We've been spending a lot of time connected, often falling asleep and waking up while with each other. That by itself seemed to help her quite a bit, but it was like we hit the limit. There wasn't anything else I could do to help her, and believe me when I say that I tried. I tried getting food and water for her, but she couldn't grab them. Anything I tried to hand her just went straight through her like she wasn't there, because she wasn't. Despite being right next to me, she was very far away.

Though one good thing was that the amount of times I saw her with injuries decreased. She had told me where they come from, who causes them, and it seemed like her father didn't hurt her all the time. I was glad to discover this fact, since on the first day I met her, she had been hurt rather badly on two separate occasions. If that happened every day, I'd have hopped on a train and scoured Musutafu for her in an instant. As things stand now though, she wants to leave her house and parents, but we agreed to wait until I had a way to find her.

Shifting our focus to where we are now, it was the evening, and the sun had long since gone down. Me, Eiji, and Rin were on our way to visit Sena, a thin layer of snow crunching under our feet. It was Christmas, and Eiji was set on the four of us spending time together. Having said that, he was severely underprepared for it to start snowing, despite my advice to wear a thicker coat like I was doing, and was hugging himself while complaining about the cold constantly as we walked. It was getting a bit annoying.

Eiji: Who's idea was it to walk around in this weather?

Rin: Yours, and you know you would still have dragged us to the hospital even if there was a snowstorm. You'd never leave your oh-so precious sister alone on Christmas Day.

He nodded his head in agreement of that, but didn't seem like he would have enjoyed the prospect of walking through a snowstorm. He started speeding up, trying to get out of the cold faster.

Once we got to the hospital, we stood still just inside of the building, admiring the rapid increase of our temperature. I shook snow out of my hair while we started walking towards Sena's room, the bag of gifts we'd all gotten each other still in my hand.