Story 8: We're Just Friends

LISA POV

I was with my friends in the park, and we were talking about some things. Here we had Jimin and Rosé, who were dating for a couple of months now, Taehyung and Jennie, who dated for 4 years, and Jin and Jisoo now just started to kick things off. Little did they know that Jungkook and I were dating as well. He was sitting across from me in the circle. We're hiding our relationship from our friends because we don't want the hassle of telling everyone. We have to pose as friends for them.

"Jungkook, when are you going to get a girlfriend," Jimin said.

"Oh, I don't know," Jungkook replied.

Whenever our friends talk to Jungkook or me about relationships, we usually give them the usual "I don't know." That gets us both nervous knowing that one wrong answer might give them hints about something.

"Come on, Jungkook, why haven't you gotten yourself a lady yet," Taehyung asked.

"I just don't have the time right now," Jungkook replied.

"Speaking of relationships, Lisa are you dating anyone," Jennie asked me.

"No, I'm not dating anyone," I responded.

"So you two aren't dating anyone," Jisoo said.

"Yep," Jungkook and I said in unison.

"Hey, I have an idea, you two should go on a date," Rosé suggested.

That statement surprised me and little bit and Jungkook too.

"Oh my god, that is a great idea Rosé, you two should date," Jin said.

"Guys, come on, Lisa and I are just friends," Jungkook buzzed in. "Right, Lisa."

"Yep, just friends," I added.

"Aww, man," Rosé complained.

Anyway, as the minutes passed, the sun was setting, and all of us were getting hungry. Jin, Jisoo, Taehyung, Jennie, Jimin, and Rosé all went back to their cars to get some food while Lisa and I stayed to watch in the park.

"Okay, guys, we'll be back in 1 hour, keep watch of our spot," and then our friends left.

Once they left, I immediately went over to Jungkook and rested my head on his shoulder.

"That was close, Lisa," he said.

"Yeah, next time, let's just act like we didn't hear them," I said.

Jungkook then pecked my lips before looking at the trees that were surrounding us.

"How long do you think we can keep this secret from our friends," I asked.

"I don't know, hopefully for a while," Jungkook said.

*sigh*

"Babe, you know we're going to have to tell them eventually," Jungkook said.