: 00 :

"The clothing pieces

"The clothing pieces. The short sleeves, the deep v-cut, the skirt. It all shows that Ms. Lowa was wearing someone extremely provocative late at night. Apart from that, she never said no. The word 'no' never left her mouth."

Is that the excuse the world has deemed acceptable?

She was going to be out of line, but sometimes composure is the last thing someone needs to worry about in situations like this. Take her license away, it wouldn't matter. If it meant getting justice, you could take her life if it came to that point. 

"It's 2021. How is it possible that clothing pieces are a cause of sexual assault? Five months ago, a six-year-old was raped, and then he was killed as if the pain he endured was not enough. The boy was six! Then, a one-year-old was kidnapped and molested. What was she wearing? A one-piece that covered her from head to toe. Are you going to tell me that CLOTHING is the reason? As for consent, the word 'yes' did not come out of her mouth, and that should be the only word that matters. Just because she didn't say 'no' did not mean she wanted it."

The world was a vile place.

"Your honour-"

"A one-year-old can not speak! A kid that age wouldn't even know what sex is! Ms. Lowa was raped. I shouldn't need to say anything else, but apparently I do. Her medical reports show that there were signs of trauma," she said as she handed the file to her assistant.

"How do you explain that? How do you explain the bruises on her body? How do you explain the physical and mental trauma?"

Calla looked into everything. 

Her victim's molester was too well known. He had big amounts of money, more than any rascal should have.

The judge and the juries could've been paid. From past to present, that was how the universe worked. She became a lawyer because the government was so corrupt. You can't change that by being on the outside, but the longer she stayed in these courtrooms, she had to wonder.

Is it enough?