: 25 :

Two days later, they were on the plane to Sicily

It's finally happening, they were finally going to end this whether they had to take the hard or easy way. Any person wouldn't want bloodshed or to waste their resources, but secretly all of them wanted to.

The Chenglei family killed their men. Men that had families to get back to. The dead men were not innocent, but they did what they had to do to protect their families.

In return, it was only right if they took a couple of lives from the Chenglei family. An eye for an eye, so before they boarded the plane, Stefano sent a couple men to kill a couple guys from the Chinese Mafia.

Calla was thrilled to go to Sicily. It was going to be her first time and even though it was for work, a little fun was bound to happen, especially after they settle this situation.

Unfortunately, not everyone felt the same. Stefano always dreaded coming back to Sicily. He spent the majority of his teenage years here and nothing good ever came out of it. Sicily was nothing, but a place of bad memories. He had things that he will always carry with him and nothing would be able to get rid of it.

His scars, mentally and physically. That was one thing he carried all his life. People assume all his scars were from when he was in war with rivals or fighting someone, but no one ever gave a thought that he was abused.

The first time his father hit him, Stefano blamed himself for having a short temper. And then, it happened again. What was he supposed to do? Sit there and let his father talk bad about him and about his mother? It was that topic that always made Stefano lash out, but the thirteen year old boy will always be weaker than the forty-year old man.

A part of him was worried. No one was back home watching Stella except for the guards and a couple of maids. It was a risky decision, but Tyler, Marcus, and Jax were not going to let Stefano go through this alone. They all knew about it, so what type of brothers were they if they stayed back?

Flipping through the pages of her book, Calla let out a loud sigh.

"I'm bored."

Giving her a wink, "Why don't you and Stefano use the bedroom to waste time?"

Rolling her eyes, she grabbed her book and hit the back of Jax's head.

"What the fuck! That really hurt bitch."

As he rubbed his head to help with the pain, Calla looked at Stefano sleeping in his seat. She never noticed, but when he was asleep, he looked at peace. At peace with himself, with the world, with anything that gave him a hard time.

She felt the edges of her lip tugging into a smile. In her entire life, she never once thought about having kids because she was always afraid she'd end up like her mother. She never wanted love because she was scared the guy was going to leave her like her father, but as she watched Stefano, she wouldn't mind starting a family with him.