Chapter 25

Five Years

Five years have passed since the war. Our tribe has felt nothing but peace and freedom. Prophecies and visions can be interpreted in so many different ways. It becomes the war to find who is in your path and who walks along with you. Side by side.

The elders were right to say the prophecy would bring peace. Aiyana was destined for greatness and she has proven her worth for the tribe. Tala is her biggest protector. She walks this land and he always follows closely behind her. She looks at him with such admiration and love.

Ehecatl is running circles around them as they walk to the valley. Their family tradition on how they start each day. Tala assists her to sit down as her swollen belly hinders her from doing much movement. He quickly sits next to her with one arm behind her and the other covering her stomach. She leans into him and her eyes never leave Ehecatl.

Kohana and Citlali have made a place in Herrick's tribe. She writes often of their progress together. They are married with a baby finally on the way. Kohana has kept his promise to be a valued member of Herrick's tribe. He has looked after Citlali even in her darkest times.

Kota has progressed to being the top warrior of their tribe. In his travels, he has found love with a woman from another tribe. He is in the process of securing her to come here to start a life with him.

Rozene has moved out of her house into a small cabin close to the woods. She gave their house as an offering to the traveling members of Herrick's tribe. She visits Axe's grave daily no matter the weather and some days Aiyana joins her. Tala waits at the bottom of the hill for both women to escort them back home.

Tala and Aiyana lead their tribe with love and a secure bond between two souls.

Ehecatl's name fits his personality and spirit. When he is upset the wind picks up and when he is happy, it becomes a soothing breeze. Running in the valley with his arms wide open, catching the tall grass as he makes his way from side to side. The wind changes direction with every movement he does.

He has a storm brewing in his soul that is waiting to be released.

The wolf and the eternal flower sit on the rolling hill watching the wind.

-------- Author Note --------

A quick thank you to a few friends.

M. C. Tiers for the musical encouragement! You helped break the wall that held me back.

Mrs. H - What can I say. You are a light in this universe. A consistent friend that I will forever be thankful for. From the bottom of my beating heart, I love and adore you.

Thank you to the readers and followers who stayed with me until the end of this book. Thank you for taking a chance on my work and thank you for being so kind and wonderful! If you all knew what this book meant to me.

My heart grows in appreciation.