Chapter 6

-Aiyana-

I walk down the aisle to Herrick and my eyes search for Tala. My heart can't help but ache at the notion that I will not be with him. I'm not sure what will happen in the future but he is who I wish I was with. Herrick takes my hand and we stand face to face. As they start a moment of silence the ground rumbles and something blows up. When I turn to Herrick I am sprayed with something red?!

Blood

His Blood

"Herrick!" I scream.

He is bending over grabbing his shoulder and chest and there is blood everywhere. His guys are grabbing at Herrick to pull him to safety. They reach towards me and as if by instinct I pull away. I want Tala. My eyes are searching the crowd of chaos and I can't see him. Everyone is screaming, warriors are rushing their families to safety, wherever that might be. When I finally see him, he is bent over holding his side. It's like I stop breathing.

"TALA!" I scream for him.

I start to move towards him when I feel someone hit my face and I stumble backward feeling dizzy. I fall to the ground and I try to gain my steadiness. I try to get up when I feel another explosion closer to us and another hit to my head. That's when darkness takes over and I physically cannot fight back.

I don't know how long I am out but I wake in a cell that looks to be underground. I am still in my wedding gown and it is still covered in blood and dirt. I slowly get off the floor to walk to see if I can see anything. It is barely lit so of course, I can't see a fucking thing. All of a sudden out of the dark I hear a familiar voice. My eyes go wide at the betrayal.

"Sweet Aiyana with the blue eyes... Best bargaining tool to have, don't you think?" Cusa says.

"Cusa?! What are you doing? You have betrayed your Chief!" I say.

"He was never going to be MY chief. His father was a selfish man! I can't believe you would stoop so low for an arranged marriage. Dedication to the tribe, yes. Stupidity, definitely yes," Cusa says. "HERRICK IS WEAK!!!"

His scream causes me to jump back. He has been planning this for a long time.

"Taking Tala out too, well that was just a bonus. Two top warriors took out. I can now take over the Tsuna Tribe and if I can convince your father for you to marry me, I will have your tribe as well. I know you will go along with it since you agreed to marry Herrick. Why not me? I was next in line for Chief if Herrick died." He continues.

"Tala?" I say. That seems to be the only thing I can focus on.

"Is dead," He says.

"No, no, no, no!!! Please NO!!" I scream.

Just like that, all that kept me together between the anger and longing for my best friend is gone. He can't be dead, right? But I saw him bent over? I physically feel my spirit breaking into a million pieces. Cusa can clearly see this.

"Amazing, I knew he meant more than just an escort to our land. It was written all over both of your faces!" Cusa says.

"YOU ARE A MONSTER!" I scream in pain. "My father will never agree to this force take over and I will never marry you!

"Yes, he will. You are the key to my reign over the tribes. Your father will agree or you will die in front of him, or he will die in front of your eyes." Cusa says boldly.

"You've started a war, what was the point? Power? You realize that as chief you are subject to your member's votes! Think you will get them by force?" I say.