Chapter 18

-Cusa-

I've waited for that bitch to have the kid and she took her damn time. I got to have some fun leaving precious gifts for my heir. It was fun to hear her yell for Tala as he sprinted towards me. That showed me he was willing to leave her and my child behind for vengeance. They are his weakness and I see it all. This is the perfect scenario for me and I don't have to have a wife to have a kid. Women are too emotionally invested. Tanda was an absolute nightmare. The crying and neediness were painful!

The months of watching these disgusting lovebirds and their village made me want to eat my vomit. A village should be run by a leader, a strong and powerful leader. Axe and Herrick are weak. There is nothing to celebrate in this life, life is war!

My father told me of Herrick always being weak and secretive. Always sticking close to certain people. He never let me in his circle of guards where I needed to be. My father played the long game of this rivalry between Herrick's father.  Always trying to be better than the other. Every sparing session I watched growing up I knew my father was better but because Herrick's father was the chief he had to allow him to win in front of the tribe. When my father died, he took a piece of me with him. Any good piece is gone. 

I was able to kill Herrick's father without anyone noticing and that put my plan in place. The moment Aiyana came into the picture grew my need for power. With her, I could've ruled three tribes. She was a golden ticket to a show that had me in the center. I imagined the power over the members, how they would bow down to my rule, and look to me for protection. I am not afraid to kill.  I had taken so many women and children from tribes and was able to have them see a different tribe or see to it the white men had what they need to take the tribe's land. The white men are accustomed to taking what they want from our people. I played their game for a hot second before I take what is rightfully MINE!  What happened to those women, I give a smile to. The torture I gave Aiyana was nothing compared to their torture. I had to be more gentle with Aiyana because that golden ticket gave me a plus one. I had my heir. I'd be a better father to that insignificant baby than Tala. He holds too much emotion for people. I could've taught this child from the beginning what it takes to be a true leader. 

I was only able to get two people from Axe's tribe to follow me secretly. One has brought me the bassinet from Tala's home. Those filthy useless members were celebrating a marriage that will soon end. Whatever they think they have, I will proudly take away. Love weakens you, caring about what happens distracts you from the main goal. Power. The bassinet sits in my tent before me and I look it over.  Looks handcrafted but simple. Pathetic and simple. I can improve this. 

I have finally secured the number of people I want to have in my tribe as well as stragglers that I can afford to lose in the battle. You always send your weakest first. My second in command is in Axe's tribe and I smile knowing that they have my back while no one notices. They are the slow bleed before I rip their hearts from their bodies. They have brought me someone from the tribe that Aiyana was close to. Hopefully, she can give me some information about how my child is taking care of and where he will be if he isn't with Aiyana and Tala. 

Citlali lays before me with the looks of a nice shiny new black eye. I see a bit of blood and I smile. It's always nice to see the beginning of their end. She looks scared, as she should be. When her eyes meet mine fear turns to hopelessness. It's a beautiful sight in my eyes. I walk up to her and hold her gaze. 

"Hello," I say, she looks down at the ground. "No, no, no sweetheart look at me."

I place my hand under her chin and gently guide her to look at me. When she does I see a tear escape and part of my lips twitch with happiness. 

"I have questions. You will answer. There is no walking from this camp for you. You are now my property before I decide to keep you or pass you off to the white man," her eyes give away the upmost fear. "You tell me what you know and I will allow you to stay in MY tribe," a brilliant lie if you ask me. I've already bartered for territory for her life. It is all worked out.