Chapter 11

-Aiyana-

No, No!

I am running through the woods and I can hear Cusa behind me.

"Run little wolf, run for your life!" he says. "I'll find you no matter where you are!"

I am running as fast as I can. When I look down there is no baby bump. Where is my baby?

"You can't hide from me!" Cusa says.

I hear gunshots and it's almost as if I have been shot in the side. I trip falling to the ground hard. Holding my side that physically hurts. When I roll over onto my back I raise my hands in front of my face and I see blood. My blood. Panic starts to set in and I can't move. Cusa appears before me with a bloody smile holding a gun to my face.

"You can't hide, I've been watching you. I see everything!" He says.

"NO!!! PLEASE DON'T!!!" I scream.

-Boom- A loud echo rings through the trees

___________

I wake up panting and covered in sweat. Tala is sitting before me holding my face while I try to catch my breath.

"I...I..." I try to say.

"Shhh it's ok, I am here," Tala says gently.

I close my eyes and try to steady my breathing. "Cusa..." I try.

"Shhh," Tala responds, placing soft kisses to my forehead.

When my breath finally steadies I notice that it is still dark outside.

"Sun will be up soon, come on," Tala says while gently tugging at my arms.

"Where are we going?"

"Our morning walk by the perimeter and then we will sit and watch the sunrise, like before," Tala says. "I've done this morning walk like you did, every morning. I've continued it to keep your spirit as close to me as possible. This will help settle your mind about your dream and we can talk about it more."

I nod and get dressed. Leaving the house, Tala takes my hand in his and I am holding onto it as if life depended it on it. I am tucking my body close to his as we walk steadily to our valley. My hand is gripping his so tight but he doesn't complain which in turn comforts me. I can feel the tension leaving my body and we take a seat in the open field and wait for the sun to rise. I sit between Tala's legs as he wraps his arms around me.

The rays peek over the mountains in the distance and I feel a sense of calm.

"I dreamt of Cusa," I say breaking up the silence. "He was about to kill me. I was running away from him, no baby belly, and I was running hard. I hear gunshots and fall to the ground. When I cup my side and pull my hands up I see my blood. Then Cusa appears in front of me with a gun to my head and then... boom, I wake up,"

Finally taking a breath and looking up at Tala who still sits with his arms around me. His body is tense and his hands are clenched. When he speaks it's still with a gentle tone.

"That could be a few things. Your fear of death and leaving loved ones behind. Forewarning of the future. Finally a transformation from who you were to who you are now." Tala says illuminating facts that we believe.

I nod my head to the three different things. My heart hurts for what should come. My mind is swirling with scenarios of what it could be and what will happen. Time will only tell.

"I was in that cage for months," I say. Tala has yet to relax his tense body but he nods and gently rubs my arms. He knows the bruises are under the jacket I am wearing but he is gentle. I lean further into his body wanting to be completely covered and protected by him. "Almost every morning, Cusa or a guard was there with a cane or a hand to hit me with. The guard was always apologizing but it was useless. He signed his death card the moment he raised his hands to me,"