- C H A P T E R * * E I G H T E E N -

Start from the beginning

Right now, he would like focus at his sexuality.

He also needed to talk to Jean about it.

Jean was in one of his classes, and Isaiah made sure to take a seat beside her. They talked a few times about their plans to hangout, but Isaiah occasionally threw the words "as friends" so she wouldn't get the idea. Of course, Isaiah was basically luring her out so they could really indeed become friends and hopefully, get his plan started. Jean agreed at the idea; they would go to Starbucks and start "hanging out". Starbucks seemed a nice place to catch up on, but it wasn't a good place to discuss what needed to be discussed. Isaiah would just use to get a start on.

As the lunch bell rang, both Isaiah and Jean came to the cafeteria together. Jean was telling Isaiah about his friends who made stupid decisions when they were at a public pool, and somehow, guards were called on them. They were temporarily banned at that place, and Isaiah knew how relaxing to be with Jean was. She wasn't being plastic, she was being genuine. And as they got through the crowd, Jean saw her cheerleading girls' squad and all of them hugged her.

Tarra, one of the members of the cheerleading team, eyed Jean and Isaiah, and she instantly knew there was something going on between them. Tarra somehow thought that these two must be dating, and it was interesting because Isaiah wasn't into the dating game after that "stealing girlfriend" stunt he pulled. She also knew Isaiah wasn't a playboy, but she was worried for Jean because, well, Isaiah couldn't be trusted. But Tarra knew Jean was a smart girl, and she wouldn't let her heart get broken by a man who does not deserve her love. But as a friend, of course, it's normal to feel these things. She cared for her friend, and she certainly wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her friend. Otherwise, she'd make sure Isaiah would pay.

When they reached their table, Kyle greeted them with a huge grin. Jean took a seat beside Isaiah. Introduction was needed as Jean was widely-known. If a student is part of a basketball team, cheerleading, volleyball, or even football, guaranteed everyone would know you.

"Are you guys dating already?" Kevin asked as he looked between Isaiah and Jean. Everyone leaned in, and all eyes were on them. Jean laughed, shaking her head, her eyes twinkling in amusement. "Why not? You're always together the past few days."

"No, we're just hanging out, we're only friends." Jean assured the team, and Kyle rolled his eyes. Kyle thought that Isaiah was just waiting for the right moment, and once he got that, he knew Isaiah would pounce on her like a dog. He knew his best friend well.

"Oh, come on, don't give us that bullshit." Kyle finally said, and the guys agreed.

"It's true, though." Isaiah responded, and the guys leaned back with a groan. They wanted their friends to get a girl as soon as possible. After the 'stealing girlfriend' stunt, they knew their friend needed some help to get back on his feet. Isaiah wasn't damaged, but maybe they thought he was. For fuck's sake, the guy wasn't talking to any girl unless he was confronted. "We're not dating. Jean is fun to be around. What? You can't have girl friends? You're just jealous because you don't have the charming ability as me."

At that joke, Jean laughed and touched Isaiah's arm by accident. It was only an instinct. But nonetheless, Isaiah didn't seem to mind. His teammate laughed at him, and Jean was honestly grateful to be in their circle. Jean was lucky to have Isaiah as a friend, and even though they were just friends, there's a teeny tiny feeling of hope that somehow, Isaiah would notice her and consider her as a girlfriend material, not girl-friend material. But that was quite impossible. Jean knew Isaiah was throwing subtle hints that they were just going to be friends, and nothing more. And honestly, she was happy he did that. She got the message. Jean wasn't going to flirt at him; she wouldn't want to lose her new friend.