1 - getting ready

this is the third book for never die alone so I recommend u read the first and second book

1

it's been 2 years since that day and me and Ellie have been doing great.

and now I'm not longer y/n l/n. my name is now y/n Williams.

we got married in Jackson and went back to our farm house but there were more infected there. a lot more. it was a hord or infected. so we went back to Jackson. we've been here for about a year now and it was the same as it was a few years ago.

we would go out and do our patrols and then come back and have a normal rest of the day. although things have been a bit quiet lately so Maria decided to throw a small party.

it for the people to enjoy and learn to have fun.

Maria pretty much made me and Ellie help her with it. we didn't mind but we would rather do something else.

Maria gave us a list to do and well... it was a lot.

Party Chores:

- make a banner
- help prepare snacks (not food)
- select music, nothing too loud!!
- decorate the room
- make a kids section!!!!

thank you girls! :)

i sighed while I read the list. this would take a long time.

Ellie pointed to the second chore and asked "does she not trust us with the food?". i read it again and chuckled a bit but shrugged and said "I guess not".

i looked at the last one.

we had a lot more kids now. we have been getting more and more people and those people sometimes have kids, toddlers, babies or are even pregnant.

so we now have a daycare in Jackson and we also have to make a kids section for parties. we've even had some kids coming in on their own which makes all of us feel bad for them. cause we all know what happened to their parents.

i sighed then said "alright let's get to it then". Ellie nodded and we made our way to where the party is gonna be. Maria said that the paper for the banner is on the floor in front of the bar at the party area so we went there.

it was right where she said it was but there were people already doing it. we walked up to them and they told us they wanted to help out. me and Ellie didn't mind at all we actually liked that they wanted to help.

lately people have been a bit on edge here.

last month a group went out on a patrol. and two weeks ago we found then all dead inside one of our warehouses. but it wasn't infected they were killed by people.

we haven't been sending many people out yet cause we don't want to risk anyone else getting killed but this party is a way to bring everyone together but also let people loosen up.

me and Ellie decided to go and help prepare the snacks.

when we walk in the room we saw Dina and JJ. he's 3 now and he's grown a lot. he's walking and somewhat talking now.

Dina smiled at us and said "hey you two". we each hug each other. JJ groans and reaches up at Ellie. Ellie smiled and picked him up then said "how you doing kiddo".

He just smiled a bit and said "great!". He squirmed wanting to get back down and Ellie put him down.

we looked at what they had made for snacks already and it all looked really good. "needs some help" I asked with a small smile.