Chapter 40: Dark

Zacznij od początku

"There is no proper way of doing things in a world filled with such deceit and hatred that course through everyone's veins. Hatred doesn't stop flowing through a shinobi's veins just as blood doesn't stop being pumped by the heart. This is the nature of the shinobi, to kill or be killed." 

Anko walked up to Naruto and grabbed the Jounin in a hug, her head resting under his chin. "It'll be alright, Naruto-kun." She whispered to him. Naruto's eyes widened as the sudden contact with his girlfriend and like a dam, he broke.

"Why?" He croaked out, tears streaming down his face. "Why does everyone I love die?" Anko tightened her grip around the blonde. 

"I don't know," She answered honestly. "I'm so sorry, Naruto-kun." Naruto began sobbing uncontrollably as he clutched Anko as a lifeline, and in many ways, she was. Anko was his lifeline. 

Sasuke looked at Sakura's body and immediately fled, not wanting anyone to see him wallowing in sadness. Sai watched his adoptive father cry and felt tears prickle in his own eyes. He slowly raised his shaking hand and touched the tears that crawled down his face. 

'So this is sadness. It feels like getting hit by Sakura when she's angry.'  He thought to himself before turning to the Hokage, who watched solemnly as Naruto wept. "Hokage-sama," He began. "Please arrange the best funeral for my younger sister. She deserves it." 

"Of course, Sai." Sai then walked home to go bury himself in bed and sort these new feelings out. The feeling of sadness that lingered deep inside his chest, like a weight that kept adding more pressure with each passing second. 

Naruto sat on the couch, looking at a black t.v. screen as the sound of rain hitting the living room window filled Naruto's ears.

Sakura's funeral had ended five hours ago and yet he hadn't moved from this couch since he had gotten back. Why did fate hate him? Why was he so unlucky to be cursed with the death of all his friends. 

Why? 

Laying down on his side, Naruto closed his long since dry eyes, having wept all the tears he could hours earlier. He then let the darkness known as sleep consume his being and drifted into sleep. 

Naruto opened his eyes and found himself in the same grassy plains he had been dreaming of when he saw Sakura get crushed by two boulders. Had he seen the future? 

Then he saw Anko standing in the plains with a sad smile spread across her face. "Don't you dare take her away from me!" He suddenly screamed as he burst forward. He grabbed Anko, who didn't even react to his presence and began running. "Wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up!" He repeated over and over again as he ran in a random direction. 

He ran for miles, not stopping as he held Anko close to his chest. After what felt like hours of running, Naruto stopped, panting slightly as he fell to his knees, still holding Anko. 

Then, a thick mist encased both of the Jounin and Naruto's eyes widened as the implications. Mist? Why Mist? 

Mist loved him? So why would Mist try and kill Anko? 

The mist began swirling around him like a tornado with several people crying and wailing in the background, but no one that Naruto could hear. He clenched Anko tighter to his chest but found she was no longer there. 

"No!" He shouted hysterically as he went to perform a jutsu, but his own chakra chains sprouted from his back and wrapped themselves around the blonde as he struggled helplessly. "NO!" He screamed in agony. 

Then, as soon as it came, the mist faded from existence and Naruto was left wrapped in his chains with Anko's dead body laying right in front of him. Naruto's eyes widened, his pupils shrinking as his eyes turned bloodshot, his Mangeykou activating as he furiously struggled against the chains. 

"NO!" He protested as he jerked back and forth. "Please, don't take her from me! She's my salvation! Please don't take her from me! Please don't! I love her please don't take her from me!" He screamed, his voice turning hoarse from the sheer intensity of his volume. 

He fell to his knees and looked at Anko's body with tears falling out of his eyes. "No, please!" 

Naruto sat up from the couch, panting hard as sweat trailed along his forehead. He gripped the cushions of the couch and grit his teeth, pain echoing throughout his heart. "I will save you, Anko-chan." He whispered. 

"I promise. I'll do whatever it takes to save you!" 

And done. How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

ALSO 

I'm about to stream some Minecraft Twitch, so if you wanna watch then follow this link: twitch.tv/jarodlikestowrite

If you don't feel like watching, a follow would be appreciated greatly! I want to reach fifty followers before I go to bed today, which is in like sixteenish hours? So yeah. 

Please go follow me on twitch, you don't have to watch but I'd love you forever if you were to follow me! Who am I kidding I already love all 4,566 of you! 

Thanks for reading my stories and please follow me on twitch! 

Anyway, enough self promo time to publish. heh heh

Til next time my lil demons!