•Eliza• (2)

"You can't do things like that Tarrant."
"I-I'm sorry. I swear I didn't know. Sweetheart, please." He latched on to your waist with no intentions of letting go. "It'll never happen again."

You adjusted your dress as you and Eliza walked to the long table in the forest.

"I will never understand why you can't have tea somewhere less muddy." You groaned as you dodged mud piles left and right.
"Well it's less fun like that my dear."

Tarrant helped you into a chair, placing a kiss on your cheek.

"So Elizabeth. How do you like Wonderland?" The queen smiled as she added sugar to her tea.
"It's beautiful and you guys have been so nice to me."
"So you'll stay?" The twins chimed in. "You'll stay just like y/n."

You furrow your eyebrows and whisper to the Hatter.
"Have you not figured out a way for her to go back?"
"She said she'd rather stay with us." He shrugged and picked up a biscuit. "Have you eaten?"
"No. I'm not hungry." You turn back to pay attention to the conversation.

The small gathering was over quick and everyone started going back home.
"So how do you like Eliza?"
"She's sweet. Like candy." He giggles, placing a soft kiss on your hand.
"Do you think she'll ever get home?" You ask.

He turns to you and stops walking.
"Why do you ask?"
"Well I don't know. I just didn't know there was another way to get here."
"Y/N-"
"I know I said I wasn't going to leave again."
"Yes you did."

He takes his hand out of yours and steps back, crossing his arms.

"Tarrant you can't blame me for wondering." You laugh nervously, trying to lighten the conversation.
"Y/N you promised you weren't going back."
"Hatter I-"
"No. It was me or whatever you had back there and you made your decision."

He tilts his hat downward and continues his walk home alone. The crunching of leaves behind you, made you turn.

"Ugh. Don't tell me you heard that."
"Every bit." She laughs, laying a gentle hand on your shoulder. "Just give him a while. He'll come around, right?"
"Right. Thanks Eliza." You smile.

Once you make it home, you look up at the clock.
"I should check on him." You sigh as you finished wash the vegetables for dinner.
"No you finish that. I'll see how he's doing." Eliza volunteers.

"You're gonna leave?"
"Yup."
"You promised!"
"I don't care! Okay?" You snapped. "I don't care about the stupid promise right now! When you stepped out on me, every little promise we made-" You waved your hands dramatically. "Bullshit."

Elizabeth walked cautiously down the steps, given the huge spaces between them.

"Hatter? Are you in here?" She looked around his workshop.
"I'm right here." His shy eyes popped up from under the pile of hats and fabric.
"Can you come up here? Please?"

He groaned and stood up, stepping over into a clear space.

"Y/N's worried about you." Eliza said. Tarrant scoffed and walked passed her to sit on the couch.
"She's gonna leave me."
"No she won't, Tarrant. She loves you. You know that." She smiles, taking a seat beside him.
"She said she was thinking about it."
"She won't trust me."

Eliza sighs.
"And if she does?"
"Well then you have me."
"You won't leave with her?"
"No, of course not."
"You promise?"
"I promise."

He smiles and stands up.
"Good."
"Then it's settled."

He laughs and pulls her in for a hug which she gladly accepts.
"You smell nice." He mumbles into her shoulder.
"You look nice." She jokes, pulling her head away.

She takes a chance and quickly kisses his cheek.
"What was that for?"
"I don't know. I just felt like it." She blushes, leaning up to do it again.

He turns his head and their lips connected. Neither of them pulled away. Neither of them truthfully wanted to.

She tugs on his jacket to pull him down.
"No." He pushes her back. "It's not right."
"Right." She clears her throat. "Sorry."
"I need to see my wife. Excuse me."

He makes his way around her and back up the stairs, to the kitchen.

"Don't leave me." He says out loud making you stop what you're doing.
"I wasn't going to Tarrant." You walk towards him, taking his hand. "I couldn't."

He cups your face and kisses you, taking you by surprise.

"Woah." You laugh as your stomach turns.
"Shut up and take it."

Word count: 758