•The Book•

Dean Corso Imagine
~~~

He just had to tell you about that book

He just had to tell you about that book. Dean Corso.

That was his name. As one of the librarians, you saw him around a lot. By a lot I mean he was your boyfriend and any chance he got to spend with you, he took it.

Anyways, you had never seen such a book before besides that one time he did research for it and for it to be supposedly written by the devil himself? It was ridiculous. So why was he even bothering with it?

"It's really fascinating." He ran his fingers over the cover.
"Too weird for me. I wouldn't take my chances Dean."
"It's just a book, y/n. What are you scared?"
"No. I just don't mess around with the devil and things of that nature." You roll your eyes as you make sure every book was back in its place.

He reads a passage out loud from the book and shuts it.
"See? No big deal."
"You better not bring that around my house." You hit the back of his head, almost knocking the glasses off his nose.

"I won't. It's staying at Bernie's. Weird things have been happening."
"Weird things?"
"Ghosts." He stops the act and laughs. You suck your teeth and push him.

"Stop playing." You smile. "I gotta get back to work. Be careful Dean."
"Of course."

You kiss him lightly and return to the counter, helping customers check out books.

That was two months ago. After that, it was like Dean disappeared. No calls. No type of communication. He just left.

You moved on until something happened. You got a job at a new bookstore. Across town.

"Excuse me?" A girl came in frantic, the book in her hand. "You have to take this! Take it away!"

You grab the book from her and sit it on the counter.
"Ma'am you are okay. Where did you get that book?"
"I can't remember!" She starts to sob as her panic attack worsens. People start to be nosy and try and comfort her but it only makes matters worse.

"Give her some space please!" You pull her to a back room and she takes a breath. You give her some time to get her self together and then you start to ask questions.

"What's your name?"
"Ava."
"Where'd you find the book?"
"It was left at my door. At my house."
"Do you know who sent it?"
"The initials on the package just said D.C."

Dean Corso.

"My ex boyfriend. He used to have that book. Then he disappeared. Has anything weird or unusual been happening to you?"
"N-no. I just started reading it and I had this nightmare. The same one every night."

You start to think. If Dean ever had nightmares he never told you. But there was this one night.

Dean shot up in a cold sweat. He grabbed your arm, shaking you awake.
"What's wrong babe?" You sit up, rubbing your eyes.
"This dream. It was weird."
"Weird how?" You say fully awake now.

You rolled your head around, relaxing the muscles in your neck. He shakes his head, unsure of what to say.

"Dean, you woke me up now. You have to tell me." You laugh.
"It was nothing. Go back to sleep baby." He kisses your forehead and gets out of bed.
"Not if you're getting out of bed."

He slips his glasses on and grabs a cigarette from his coat. You then follow him to the kitchen. He opens a bottle of wine and pours himself a glass.

"Dammit. You gotta lighter?" He holds the cigarette in his mouth while you go into a drawer and pull one out. You light it for him and he takes a puff, blowing the smoke in the air.
"Dean-"
"Yeah I know. Open a window." He goes to the nearest one he can find and opens it.

You hop onto the counter, taking a sip of his wine. He takes another hit from his cigarette and sighs.
"Is it cause of that book?" You joke.
"You got jokes now huh?" He laughs, pushing his hair back.
"I told you that shit was weird."
"The book as nothing to do with it."

Now you weren't so sure. The woman assured you she was fine and left the library. You looked at the book. It was really stupid. Nothing your type but you would take your chances. You open the book and start reading.

Getting to the second page you laugh and close it.
"I don't get it, Dean." You whisper to yourself, running your hands over your face. "Why'd leave me?"

Word Count: 779

I've gotten a couple different requests today. I'm working on them. Thanks for the love and support as always