•I Love You• (Requested)

Mort Rainey
~~~

Mort Rainey~~~

"Hey wake up." Mort shakes your arm, looking back between you and the road. Your eyes flutter open as you look out the window. You take your feet off the dash and fix your chair.

"How much longer?"
"10 hours baby. We're not even close." He laughs and rests his hand on your thigh. "It's 9 o'clock. I figured you'd want breakfast."
"Just stop by the nearest burger joint." You laugh.
"Waffle house sounds more appealing." He points to a restaurant in the distance. He parks the car and stops for a moment.

"What are you waiting for? I'm hungry." You put your sneakers back on and kiss his cheek as you get out the car. Mort follows soon after. The waiter seats you two and gives you menus.

"I'm gonna spend all your money." You say, singing as you look down at the menu.
"And I'm gonna let you. This whole week is for you princess." He grabs your hand and kisses it. You blush and pull it away.

You order your food and only finish half of it. You take it in a container along with a milkshake. It was your birthday week after all so why not. He starts the car and heads back on the open road.

"Ugh I can't take this anymore." You turn in your seat and set your legs back on the dash. He interlocks your fingers and smiles.
"I know. I know."
"Why didn't we take a plane?" You groan as your leg starts to ache.
"You hate planes."
"Oh yeah. I do. This is worse Mort."
"Eat your food baby. You'll feel better."

You sigh and open your container, taking the fork out and taking a bite of the eggs.
"When we get there, I want to go to the pool."
"You won't have to."
"Why?"
"It's a suite babygirl. The pool is part of the balcony." He smirks and you squeal like a little girl.
"Oh I love you."
"I love you too y/n."

After about nine hours, you arrived in California. When arriving at the hotel, he insisted on carrying most of the bags. You turned the key in the door and opened it.

"Mort it's beautiful."
"You like it?"
"Of course. You step further in and drop the bags. You go out to the balcony and just as he said, the pool was part of the balcony. You smile and go back inside leaping on Mort, attacking him with kisses all over his face.

"How'd I get so lucky with you?" He shrugs shyly and smiles. "Now you promised me."
"What?"
"No working."
"Damn. When did I say that?"
"You don't remember?"
"I'm sorry. I brought my computer." He looks sorry as you cross your arms.
"Just stay off of it please."
"Okay. Okay I promise I'll stay off of it."

Your smile returns and you hug him again.
"Can we get in the pool now?" You run your hands through his hair.
"We have to unpack first." His arms tight around your waist. Neither of you moved though. You just held each other.

"You know what?"
"What?"
"I'm pretty tired. The pool can wait." You pull him to the bedroom and stop in your tracks.

A gift basket full of your favorite candies surrounded by rose petals. His arms came undone around your waist and you turn, becoming speechless again.

"Mort-"
"No. No. Let me talk first." He holds the small box in his hand. All the things he thought about saying had gone out of his head so now he had to just wing it.

"I don't know what to say now." He chuckles. "I love you. You know that. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I wanna have kids. I wanna get married." He gets on one knee and opens the box.
"Oh my god." You cover your face with your hands as tears fall uncontrollably.

"Can we make all that happen? Together?"
"Yes. Of course we can." You meet him on the floor and hug him. He slides the ring on your finger picks you up, spinning you around.

"Come on. Let's get some rest." You move the basket and get into the soft bed. The weight of exhaustion puts you to sleep almost instantly.

Time jump...

A light wakes you up and the light tapping of keys made you sit up. The tapping stops and the soft sound of a spring got your attention next.

"Mort what are you doing?" You groan. He turns from the computer and smiles, playing with the spring in his hands
"Hey. I bought dinner. It's in the kitchen if you're hungry."
"Are you working?" You get up slowly as a painful headache creeps up.

He closes his computer and pulls you on his lap.
"I'm sorry."
"You promised."
"You were sleeping. I didn't know what to do." He lays his head on your chest and traces circles on your thigh. "I'm sorry princess. Go and eat. I'll make it up to you."
"You don't have to. We're getting married." You smile holding up your hand and standing up.

He chuckles and picks you up, carrying you to the kitchen and sitting you on the counter.
"Yes we are and you're getting your dream wedding."
"What if I don't really want a wedding?"
"You don't?"
"Mort you do everything for me. I feel like a wedding is too much."
"Nonsense. But if you don't want one, we don't have to plan one."

You smile softly and run your hands through his hair, cupping his face.
"Thank you."
"Anything for you. Now let's eat."

He heats your food up and you eat. When you finish, he starts to go back to the bedroom but you stop him
"Hey, how about we go on a little late night swim."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah I mean. It's just out there."

You go to put on your swimsuit and get into the pool. Mort squats down and watches as you swim around. You settle on the edge and smile up at him.

"Get in here."
"Can't."
"But it's no fun in here." You pout and he chuckles.
"I don't have anything to swim in princess."
"Oh." You swim up to him. "Too bad." You pull him in with you and he splashes around, looking for his glasses. You laugh until he finds them and sits them on the edge of the pool.

"I'm sorry. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up."
"You're lucky I love you." You wrap your arms around his neck and giggle.
"I love you too, Mort Rainey."

Word count: 1088