Chapter.13-The Capital

Start from the beginning

I look back at the throne and see the Queen deeply embracing the princess. If I remember correctly, the Queen's name should be Queen Ysifel. She died before players could reach her, but I was very interested in the lore for a long time. I know a lot about the various important characters in multiple places. It is impossible to know everything since this game is so big, but I do know a lot about most explored worlds. My list of knowledge includes most characters, quests, and unique skills/abilities/items/enemies. Maybe I can sell the knowledge to the players? I could be like an information brooker. Of course, that would be after I take the items that I could use.

Queen Ysifel looks over the princess's shoulder at the other people that came in. Her eyes briefly pass over everyone except me. With me, the Queen's eyes meet mine, and she stares. Oh? Is this the infamous dominance test? Get yourself prepared, I am technically considered a wolf Queen. You aren't the only Queen in this cast- tree! My domina- dang, her eyesight of me is blocked by the princess. I take the opportunity to look away. This isn't cowardice or lack of dominance, this is simply taking advantage and not losing! Yeah, let's go with that. The Queen should be about 70 levels higher than me. I quickly observe her to see.

{Ding! Queen Ysifel(lvl:80)

Defense: Level difference too high!

Health: Level difference too high!

Attack: Level difference too high!}

The highest level on most of the beginner planets is level 80. Once a person reaches here, it gets increasingly hard to level up. This is mainly because there isn't a stronger opponent or an opponent of equal strength to fight. Players know this to be called a lack of Xp. The NPCs call it hitting a roadblock.

The princess and the Queen talk quietly. So quiet that I can't quite hear. The Queen nods her head a few times and then looks back at the group. "Teras, Wyx, and Resald, come to my private meeting hall." The princess and Queen Ysifel walk off towards a large door to the side of the room.

Looking at the door, I realize it leads to a large magic circle engraved into the floor. As the Queen and princess Ilway walk onto it, they slowly float upwards. Maybe it's like an elevator? I don't remember this last time. There was only the empty throne room. Then again, most of the capital was in shambles. Most of this tree, aside from the very bottom, was cut down by something...

Resald walks up beside me and nudges me with his knee. I glance back at him, and he motions for me to follow. I start to walk behind him to the door we came in from. Outside, he leads me to a large set of stairs on the side of the tree. I look up and see there are stairs all over the place. I don't know how it wasn't noticed the first time, but it looks like a maze of stairs and pathways are wrapping around the tree. Each spot leads into different entrances to different places. I wonder where they go?

Realization hits me in a second. Resald wants me to climb stairs. Quickly backing up, I try to run away. It is already hard to climb stairs, but as a wolf it's even harder. Resald is quick to grab my scruff, not allowing me to run away. "Come on, we can't keep the Queen waiting," I swear I hear a bit of mirth in his voice as he speaks. Is he enjoying my torture!?

We walk up the long set of stairs, taking a few moments to get to the second floor. Teras is already waiting at the top of the stairs as we get up there. Can he teleport too? The three of us walk into a part of the trunk and enter a large room.

Inside the room, there is a single desk with an elf writing on something. Two good guards guard guardingly inside the door. On the opposite side of where we entered, another doorway sits. The door is closed with four guards standing outside it. Is this the Queen's office? Teras and Resald walk up to the door. I follow closely behind.