Chapter.13-The Capital

Comenzar desde el principio

The guard, seeing her face, was just about to drop to his knee before remembering what she said. The guard nods a little before shouting out shakily, "Open the gate!"

The large wooden gate slowly opens up, revealing the inside of the capital. I look briefly at the adventurers around us and see they have shock written on their faces at our easy entry. It makes sense since to be able to enter the city at night, you either need to be a delagate from another country, a noble, or royalty. Almost all of the night enterers would definetly not wear something so inconpicous.

We walk into the gate, quickly surrounded by a group of guards on foot. Ah, another ring for our escort. I see one elf ride out of the gate on horseback. He seems to be a messenger. The guards probably sent him to tell the Queen we are coming. We are slowed down a little by the extra escort, but it wasn't too much. The pedestrians watch us as we travel down the roads to the palace, most likely wondering who we are to have such a big escort.

We reached a large, walled off location after a while. From what the princess said, this must be where the palace is. We quickly get through this gate, the guards already prepared by the messenger. Upon entering the gate, I see a massive tree. This is the palace. It is about as thick as an airport and is extremely tall. The front of the tree has a hole opened up in it. The lore behind this city is that an ancient elf planted this tree and nurtured it to create this place.

The guards dismount their horses and some attendants take them to a stable. One tried to do the same for me, but ran away when I growled at him. How many times must his be said, I'm not a tamed animal! I'm a free wom- wolfkin! I won't be capt- oh yes! She is rubbing my head again!

The princess dismounts me and walks inside. I follow closely behind her. One of the guards was about to say something about me entering, but he changed his mind after I glance at him. Fine, it wasn't a glance. It was a glare.

Inside the tree, candles and lanterns are everywhere. There are long tables and chairs scattered about inside. At the far back of this entry hall, a large throne sits on a raised platform. The throne seems to be formed from the tree itself. It looks like a small tree, roots spread from the bottom and leaves spew from the top. A single elven female sits proud and tall on the throne.

My companions and I approach the throne, gaining the attention of the elves sitting at the tables. Everyone but me still has their cloaks on, except me obviously. I can just see their thoughts now, 'What a BA wolf!''I can't believe that we would be graced with its abundant beauty.''All of them are wearing cloaks, but I can't seem to care since they have such an awesome wolf with them."

Most of the squad stosp and kneels halfway to the throne. I was about to continue on, but I was stopped by a hand on my back. Looking back, Teras was the one to stop me. He silently shakes his head and kneels down also.

The annoying knight, Resald announces to the room from his position on the ground, "My Queen! We have returned with your daughter, Princess Ilway." All eyes in the room snap to the lone cloaked figure as they approach the Queen.

Princess Ilway moves the hood off of her head, exposing her face to the entire elven court. Silence reigns for a single moment, then most of the elves start cheering. I say most because I spotted two that had nasty sneers on their faces for a split second. Glancing back at Teras, I motion to the two I saw. He nods his head and grins for a split second before vanishing. He must have used the rogue skill, [Vanish]. My guess is the two elves are probably either traitors or have a problem with the crown.

{Ding! Skill: Prediction(lvl:1) Level up.}

Unlike full invisibility, [Vanish] only has a chance to work. Depending on the users stealth and the watcher's perception, the rogue will either disappear or stay there. While using [Vanish], most creatures are slowed down by 20%, so in combat [Vanish], it isn't that good. It also became harder to successfully go invisible when people were staring at you. About three years into the game, players started to guess where a rogue was and hit them. The hit rate was around 1/2.