Apparently, it's hard to take me seriously when I'm wearing them but I don't care. I'm more about comfort then practicality. If I want to wear men's boxers, then I'm going to wear them shamelessly.

"Do we have bacon?" I ground my teeth together. I am having bacon whether anyone likes it or not.

"Sí (yes)," he nods in affirmation. "Four pounds of it. Mom went shopping and I convinced her to get us some."

I nearly got down on both knees and praised my mother for buying me so much bacon. It's like Christmas has come already. I fist pump, grabbing my phone off Austin's side table and racing downstairs to the kitchen. I sent a quick text to Nate and Tyler saying 'bacon' and instantly got a response from both of them.

I'm coming even though I don't have a shirt on, you won't mind though ;) - Tyler

BACON! I'M JUMPING THROUGH MY WINDOW INTO YOURS - Nate

I snorted out a laugh at the two of them. Last night after the movie, Nate forced Tyler and me to exchange numbers, much to my disgust. The two of them left around half past night last night and, from what I heard, Nate got in the shit big time. My father didn't come home last night - I wonder why (sarcasm) - and mother dearest was at work.

My whole family -e except for Austin and I - is a complete train wreck. I've always wondered what it'd be like to have a normal and functional family, but I guess I'll never know.

I stepped into the bright white kitchen with light blue accents, taking in the several dirty dishes in the sink with a scowl. Mom never does her dishes, neither does dad. So, basically, Austin and I are left to do most of the cleaning. Austin noticed the dishes too, a sigh escaping his lips as he dragged his feet over to the plate-piled sink.

I opened the large white fridge and searched for the bacon rashers. Our fridge is mainly full of mom's protein drinks, fruit and vegetables and cans of soft drink, with a whole shelf designated for dad's beer and spirits collection. After searching for what felt like forever, I found the bacon in the vegetable crisper. Of course my mother would put them where the vegetables go...typical of her.

Five minutes later, I was cutting up the bacon, when someone opens the front door. I suspect it's Nate since he knows where we keep the key, under the cushion on the chair. Yeah, we don't do the generic under the doormat or potted plant - then its way too easy to break in then.

"Bacon," a voice squeals and I hear pounding footsteps running through the house. The voice is definitely Nate's, his infectious laughter and girlish squeal is something I'm used to every morning. He was supposed to be over here by now, but I guess his parents don't want him doing anything over here in the morning.

What does she think he's going to do? Pour a shot of tequila over his pancakes instead of maple syrup? He would probably try that, so I better not give him any ideas.

"Did you hear!?" Nate hollers and skips into the kitchen. He's dressed in denim shorts and a plain t shirt with his red vans on. His light brown hair is all over the place and he obviously forgot to put his eyebrows back in place after he rubbed them, because they are a sight to see. "AFTER A YEAR, NOVA FINALLY GETS A BOYFRIEND!"

"Fake," I corrected. It is fake and always will be fake. "This will be my third boyfriend," I imitated a slutty freshman with the squeaky voice and hand on my hip.

"I wonder when Hayden will be back," Nate ponders and I shoot him a deathly glare.

Hayden was my first ever boyfriend - and possibly the perfect boyfriend. He bought me flowers and chocolates and took me on cute dates to ice cream parlours. He, Nate, Emily and I were inseparable up until he had to move to Australia and broke up with me. That's when Nate started hanging out with Tyler instead of Hayden Grey. Hayden was one of the hottest guys in our school, I always felt so boring in comparison to him. He was this perfect golden boy, and I was just Nova. I would always ask myself why me when we dated, because I'm just so ordinary. He could've gone for someone like Allison, a really pretty pale girl in our year, but instead he went for me - the girl who acts like a guy most of the time.