chapter twenty one

f o u r s t a ge s o f f a n g ir l i n g

____________________________________________________________________________

Character Picture: Savannah

Video: PLAYING MATCHMAKER'S NEW TRAILER WOO WOO WOO

Who likes the new cover? Feedback would be lovely :)

Okay, I'm ready for the major fangirling in:

3

2

1

GO

____________________________________________________________________________

Delilah's Diner was nearly empty when Tyler, Austin and I had arrived there. I was expecting a huge crowd since Saturday lunches at Delilah's are usually packed to the eyeballs with students, couples or old people on their weekend dates. Delilah's is a fairly large diner, but we do go through slow periods every now and again. Today must have been one of them.

"Hey Delilah," I smiled warmly at my boss, who was slouched behind the front counter tapping her pen on the marble surface. Delilah looked up, and immediately a smile grew on her lips. Even though she would never admit it, I've always been her favourite worker.

"November," Delilah only calls me by my full name much to my protests. "Fancy seeing you here."

She was probably curious as to why I was here on a Saturday when we are all usually here on Sunday's instead, for our group lunch. It's a tradition we have had since we first started High School which we had never broken – only if someone is out of town, or injured, which is a very rare occurrence.

"We came for the nuggets," Austin popped his head out from behind my back, sunglasses still perched over his eyes. He looks kind of like a detective, but the clothes he is wearing suggest otherwise. He looked like he had just woken up, even though he had spent all morning whining about the loss of internet connection. I'm not kidding you. His hair is an absolute mess, and he is wearing similar sweatpants to mine – I'm thinking that I may be wearing men's at the moment due to that fact – and a black shirt that is too tight for him. He is trying to pull of the 'just woke up, still cute though' look to impress the new girl.

Speaking of the new girl.

Savannah Devereaux, namely Delilah's one and only daughter, is the new worker. She's got the same kind of attitude as her mother – vibrant, crazy but highly flammable, meaning she has a temper. But, she's genuinely a really nice girl, mixed with a lot of sarcasm and sass. Savannah, to put it simply, is gorgeous. Even though she is two years younger than me, I envy her so much.

Austin seems to notice this as well, and clutches onto my wenis so hard it feels like he's going to pull it off. Thank god wenises don't hurt when you attack them.

Sav, as everyone calls her, has shoulder length brown hair and angular, pretty features with dark brown eyes. Her eyelashes are enviable – they're so long – and she has a really good natural figure. See? How can you not envy her?

Delilah laughs at Austin, "Thank god we have the ingredients to make enough to feed you three pigs." Austin snorts, proving her statement. I nearly face palm, because he is such an idiot – especially in front of a pretty girl. "Sav, you're on lunch break, you can go have lunch with them if you would like?"

Savannah smiles brightly, "Well, that's an offer I cannot refuse."

Delilah sends me a wink, eyes casting in Austin's direction. I realise then that she is playing my job – matchmaker – and setting my poor, helpless brother up. "Chop chop Austin," I stab him in the back with my purse, "You want me to pay for your chicken nuggets? Go and make friends."