Heaven vs Hell - Part 4

A/N I hope you enjoy! All characters belong to Cassandra Clare.

Clary, Jace, Alec, Izzy and Simon stood before the Seelie Queen. The Queen's arms were crossed and she was regarding her visitors with careful eyes. "Children of Angels and a Child of Night," she mused, "How may I be of help?"

"My lady," Jace said politely, "Might I say you look grand in this fine afternoon?" The Queen looked pleased and Simon took the lead from Jace. "You do look simply magnificent, my lady," Simon gave a subtle bow and carried on: "We request your assistance in granting us entrance through to Edom." 

The Queen's smile vanished. "And I would do that why?" "Because a friend of ours is stuck there," Alec said, tensing up. "Magnus Bane?" The Queen grinned, "He joined his father did he?" Alec bit his lower lips and Jace said carefully, "We believe he was threatened into it, my lady. If it was Magnus' will to joining his father, we shall let him be. But otherwise, we would like to bring our friend back." 

"Very well," the Queen pursed her lips and led them through a corridor of grass and moss before revealing a door that opened at the touch of the Queen's fingers. "Beware. Edom is not the place for Nephilim." And then, they were walking through the door, the Queen shutting the door behind them.

There was a corridor, this time full of grey and filth. The five of them trudged on slowly and then the corridor came to an end. All the eye could see was red sand and a fortress at the distance. This was Edom. A Speed rune would've been helpful but Angelic powers would not work in one of Hell's realms, so with a sigh, the five of them walked on.

Clary was walking near the front, with Izzy to her left. Jace and Simon walked behind them and Alec brought up the rear. When Alec screeched, "HELP!", all of them turned and found Alec throwing punches to a disgusting looking demon. Simon helped Alec deliver more punches whilst Jace brought down a dagger on it. With a monstrous shriek, the demon collapsed, but before it's pupil-less eyes shut, it said, "Asmodeus awaits your presence."

With a revolted sigh, the boys started trudging on behind the girls, all of them with a dagger in hand. And after what seemed like years, with sweat forming on everyone's foreheads, they reached Asmodeous' fortress. "Alec and I will go in first," Jace said, "Izzy and Clary follow but hide and Simon, stay on watch. If anything happens, scream your heart out." And with the mission planned, Jace and Alec entered the building. After a few moments, the girls followed.

It was not hard to find Magnus. He was chained in the main room and his eyes were closed. With one look at his parabatai, Alec fled to the corner in which Magnus was and knelt beside his boyfriend. Jace did a slow circle, making sure no one could disturb his brother whilst he tried to free Magnus.

"Magnus, Magnus," Alec said, his tears making everything hazy. "Please wake up, Magnus." Magnus moaned in his unconsciousness. Alec kissed Magnus' cheeks and then his eyelids. Slowly, the warlock opened his eyes.

Magnus saw blue eyes that he would recognise anywhere. Moving a hand and tying it into Alec's dark curls, Magnus pulled the Shadowhunter towards him and kissed him. Alec froze then kissed Magnus back, his hands running down Magnus' front and then his shoulders. After minutes of feverish kissing, they pulled back, gasping for air.

"Hey," Alec whispered and Magnus laughed. "'Hey?' Seriously?" Alec smiled and then looked at Magnus. "Let's get you out of here." "About that," Magnus said and bit his lips. "You can't get me out and we can't get out of Edom until Asmodeus is dead. I've given him more power than he could ever imagine, so we have to kill him. He has sealed the boundary back to Earth," Magnus explained. 

"Magnus how do I - we kill him?" Alec asked, desperate. Magnus put a finger to Alec's lips. "Listen to me, Alexander," Magnus said, "His magic is evil and my magic that is in him is also evil. So what you need to do is give me a sword and I'm going to put some spells on it. These spells can activate Angelic powers that you Nephilim get when holding weapons. I can do that because as Asmodeus feeds off me, I'm feeding off him a little. His magic is filled with poison, with Hell. Your sword will be filled with the Angel's gift, with Heaven. Take the sword and put it through his heart."

Jace stared. Asmodeus stood at the entrance to the main room. "Jonathon," Asmodeus said, "Here to take my son back?" Jace knew Magnus was telling Alec something important. He had to keep Asmodeus distracted. "Why Magnus?" "Because he is my son," Asmodeus spat and then his gaze fell on Magnus talking to Alec. "That son of a -" "Vile, disgusting Greater Demon?" Jace asked with a smirk and freed his dagger.

Alec handed Magnus a sword that was strapped to his back. Magnus took it awkwardly, with his wrists tied up. And then Magnus' face contracted in pain. Alec distinctly heard Jace say "Vile, disgusting Greater Demon?' and then the sword blazed a brilliant shade of blue, the colour of Magnus' magic. "It's called Gladium Caeli. Sword of Heaven. Say it's name when you stab Asmodeus with it." With that, Magnus shut his eyes, worn out with the exertion of his magic.

Alec turned around from Magnus and found that Jace was throwing butterfly knives at Asmodeus and that Asmodeus was blocking the majority of them. Clary and Izzy were also throwing a fair shares of knives at Asmodeus but behind them all came Simon. Unsheathing the sword given to him, knowing that Asmodeus was too occupied with the other three, Simon pushed the sword through Asmodeus' stomach. Asmodeus growled in pain and Alec ran forwards, his sword raised, and plunged it through Asmodeus' heart, yelling, "Gladium Caeli!"

Asmodeus fell with a shriek. The chain that surrounded Magnus' wrist and and ankles disappeared and a Portal, the shade of Magnus' magic, appeared before everyone. Knowing Magnus had something to do with this, and trusting it entirely, Alec picked Magnus up and walked through the Portal. Everyone followed. And they were home.

A/N I'm thinking about doing an epilogue to this and that will be published next weekend. But I had an idea: if you guys have any suggestions about what should happen in the epilogue, please let me know so that the epilogue will be all of your ideas combined. I really would love some comments about what should happen in the epilogue: whether you just want a Malec one or one with everyone or whatever. I don't mind how detailed your suggestions are either. You've got until next Saturday to share your ideas and because I love Malec SO much, I'm going to write another one-shot so that'll be out in an hour-ish. That won't have anything to do with his multi-part story, though. Can't wait to hear your suggestions on the epilogue!! Please also vote and share!!!

Love y'all, IC XXXXXX