Heaven vs Hell - Part 1

A/N This will be a multi-part story and I'm not sure how many chapters they'll be. This is more of a Shadowhunter story than a Malec story but it does have some Malec. I hope you guys enjoy! All characters belong to Cassandra Clare.

Magnus awoke with a smile, knowing that Alec was wrapped around him; that always put Magnus in a happy mood. Magnus kissed Alec's forehead and brushed some hair out of the Shadowhunter's brilliant blue eyes.

"Hey, gorgeous," Magnus whispered, trying to wake Alec up. Alec mumbled but didn't wake up. Magnus placed a few more quick kisses on Alec's face and Alec opened his eyes, smiling at Magnus. "Morning, angel," Magnus said and pecked Alec on the lips. "Morning," Alec grumbled back. "Come on, get up sweet pea, you've got an Institute to get to," Magnus said gently. "Not sweet pea!" Alec groaned but got up. Magnus smiled.

At the kitchen island, after Alec had had a shower, Magnus magicked up some waffles and fruit. Alec ate it in a rush and straightened his tie before giving Magnus a slow kiss that made Magnus want more. Alec pulled away and grinned. "'Got an Institute to get to, sweet pea,'" Alec quoted, his face screwing up at 'sweet pea' and with a grin, Magnus opened a Portal. With a final kiss, Alec stepped through the Portal.

Magnus looked at his timetable for that day. He normally did whatever he felt like, but he had a busy week ahead and that meant having a clear inventory and a good stock of things like unicorn skin and dragon hair. Snapping his fingers, Magnus dressed himself in tight black jeans and a shimmering red top that clung to his skin. Throwing on his black leather jacket, Magnus Portalled to a near-by Shadow Market to buy items that he was running low on.

Magnus had only gotten snake's saliva when a voice screeched his name. He turned around and found Hypathia Vex. "Hello, darling," Magnus said, smiling politely. "Magnus, you have a visitor," Hypathia spoke in a rush and gesturing for him to follow, Hypathia weaved around the crowd before leading him inside a stall and down a set of secret stairs.

There was a man there. He was rather handsome, black hair and blue eyes that were a bit like Alec's. But he wasn't Alec; Magnus would recognise Alec anywhere. This man was shorter than Alec and less cute than Alec but he was still good-looking. And then he looked at Hypathia, who scurried out of the room. The man turned to look at Magnus. He then transformed.

His skin turned an ugly shade of red and he sprouted curling horns. His nails turned to talons and his curling black hair fell in a tangle across his back. He was definitely not handsome. And he wasn't any man. He was a Greater Demon. Magnus knew this demon full well and wished that he didn't. Slowly, Magnus said, "Asmodeus."

Asmodeus grinned. "Missed me, son?" he spat and Magnus involuntarily flinched. "Hello, dad," Magnus tried to say cheerfully. "How have you been, son?" Asmodeus asked as if this was a normal father-son conversation. "How's your mortal lover? That blue-eyed Shadowhunter?" Asmodeus added. Magnus ignored his question. "What are you doing here?" Magnus asked. He wished he'd never asked.

"Oh, about that," Asmodeus began, his grin widening, "Lilith has been an absolute devil like always and has ruined our dimension of Hell which is Edom. Obviously. And she has left me to build it back up again, but you see, when I build it back, I want it to not be just a dimension of Hell. I want it to be the most spectacular. And son, I need you to help me achieve that. I want my dimension to be worse than Lucifer's but I cannot do that on my own. I need your powers as well. So do come with me, son. That is why I requested a meeting with you. I want to crown my son Prince of Hell."

Magnus paused, blinked and then spoke calmly. "No," he said. Asmodeus waved a hand dismissively. "Why don't you see that if we build back Edom to a dimension with worth and value, we can take over all of Hell. We can take over the Earth and then the Heavens. I can defeat Raziel and you can help me," Asmodeus pushed. 

Magnus shook his head. "I didn't want it to come to this, son," Asmodeus said carefully, "But if you won't do it any other way, I shall take the life of your lover. You come with me and he lives. Or you refuse and I kill Alexander Gideon Lightwood."

Magnus hesitated but it was only a second. Magnus shot a web of blue light at Asmodeus, the web encrusted with all the poison that Magnus had. But Asmodeus had already vanished, leaving behind only a smell that made Magnus want to retch. Slowly, the inventory forgotten, Magnus Portalled back to his loft.

Magnus collapsed on the sofa and dry sobs came out. Magnus knew that Asmodeus had meant everything he had said. He would kill Alec if Magnus did not comply. Magnus would die with the burden of knowing that Alec had been murdered because Magnus had refused his father's orders. He would rather see Alec soar from Hell than see Alec dead from Earth. It felt wrong in every sense, but Magnus knew this was how he saved his beloved.

Magicking up candles, Magnus drew a circle in opium and placed candles at regular intervals of it. He drew a five-pointed star inside the circle with more opium and stood at the centre of the whole thing. With a snap, the candles lit up and Magnus began chanting, the chant that would send him to his father. A mist aroused inside the circle and Magnus knew that nothing could prevent his from going to his father, Asmodeus, now. One breath later, Magnus knew that everything had worked. He was in Edom.

To be continued... 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter. I shall be updating over the weekend so keep your eye out if you want to know what happens! Please also comment, vote and share; thank you.

Lot's of Love, IC XXXXX❤