Stronger Together

A/N Hope you guys enjoy! All characters belong to Cassandra Clare.

Magnus was way to infatuated with Alec Lightwood. They had only been on two dates and Magnus was falling for him. Badly. Magnus had even started daydreaming about the beautiful blue-eyed Shadowhunter and that was what he was doing when his phone went off. 

Magnus hid his breath of disappointment. It was not Alec calling. It was Catarina. "Catarina, darling," Magnus exclaimed, "How are we?" Catarina's reply was more urgent than Magnus' playful tones. "Magnus, you better listen to me," Catarina said sternly. "I'm listening, darling," Magnus reassured her. "A vampire has gone rouge in a Feeding Den. Get him under control. I've texted the address. And I would recommend taking your Shadowhunter along," Catarina explained.

"My Shadowhunter?" Magnus inquired. "You blithering idiot!" Catarina screeched, "I'm saving lives. A vampire is taking them away. You are petting your cat. Stop the vampire and take a Shadowhunter. I don't care if he is yours or a pretty girl's." And Catarina hung up.

 With an exasperated sigh, Magnus memorised the address of the vampire den and warily called Alec. This den might be one where laws were broken and if it was, the Nephilim had to know. Better Alec sees any illegal activity before official Clave people.

Alec picked up on the second ring. "Magnus," Alec said and Magnus could almost imagine his uncertain but real smile. "Hey, Alexander," Magnus said back cheerily and then focused on matter at hand. "A vampire's gone rouge, could you maybe help me get him under control?" Alec tried forming a coherent words for around thirty seconds  before he replied. "Yeah, sure, I could," Alec said and Magnus smiled, formulating a plan.

"I'll Portal to the outside of the Institute, and we can Portal to the place where the rogue vamp is and we try and help him calm down. If there's any illegal activity happening, seeing it's a Feeding Den, then we can call your moronic friends to capture them and hand them over to the Clave."

"Okay," was all Alec said before hanging up and finding Jace. "Jace," Alec said and Jace looked at him. "Are you going to ask me out on a date?" Jace asked mockingly. Alec shook his head firmly. "I've received a call about a rogue vamp, I'm going to go check it out. If I need help, I'll text you the address and Izzy, Clary and you can Portal near there seeing Clary can create Portals," Alec explained and before Jace could suggest coming along, Alec was out, looking for Magnus.

Alec's eyes found Magnus quite soon and he made his way over, Marking himself with a Voyance rune. "Well hello," Magnus waved and created a Portal. With a smile in greeting, Alec stepped through and Magnus landed a second or two after him. 

"This place reeks," Magnus commented. Alec only nodded and with a hand clasped around a seraph blade, went inside the Den. The rogue vamp was not hard to spot. He had his needle-sharp teeth in a woman's neck and the woman was faintly protesting. Alec swiftly walked forwards. 

"Get off her," Alec said calmly, a hand on the vamp's shoulder. The vampire snarled and turned to Alec. "Nephilim," the vampire hissed and tried to bite Alec. Magnus needn't have worried. Alec easily dodged him and pinned him against a table. "Who are all victims of this vampire?" Alec asked loudly and vampires turned to look at him. And before Alec could react a vampire lunged at him.

Magnus spun a ball of blue fire ad hurled it at the vampire. Alec shot his a thankful smile. "Nephilim and Children of Lilith. Let us carry on with our business," a vampire said, slowly walking towards Alec. Alec released the rogue vampire, took out a seraph blade and whispered, "Asbeel."

The blade lit up and Alec slammed the flat side of it against the approaching vampire's neck. "I don't want a fight. Just name me the victims of your Den and we can do this easily. You might get let off softly," Alec said, his voice menacing. "You may be a Shadowhunter, but you cannot take us all on," a vampire stated and the majority of the vampires spun into a circle around Alec. Magnus grinned.

"You see, that's where I come in," Magnus reported happily and spun waves of blue magic around the vampires startling them. It gave Alec enough time to know two out. A vampire charged towards Magnus but Alec was there, standing in front of Magnus and pushing the vampire back so that his skull hit the cold tiles. More blue magic appeared, forming a force-field around Alec, who moved with Magnus' magic as if it were his own, and the Shadowhunter started knocking out vampire after vampire.

The force-field meant that the vampires could not touch Alec and Alec standing in front of Magnus meant that the vampires could not touch Magnus. The magic and Alec's angelic abilities helped knock out the dozen vampires and when all was over, Magnus let down the force-field. Magnus could not believe, that after Nephilim calling his magic a curse year after year, one of the Angel's child, one who Magnus thought was the best-looking, had so easily weaved around Magnus' magic and had let Magnus' magic help him. It made Magnus' heart clench.

Alec took out his phone and typed a few words out and he grinned at Magnus, sweat plastering his hair to his forehead. "Well that's that done," Alec said and Magnus smiled, walking closer to Alec and kissing him on the cheek. "I've texted Jace, they'll take care of everything else," Alec explained and then struggled form words. Magnus was pretty sure that Alec was trying to say that they could have some alone time before he had to return to the Institute. 

"Come on, I'll walk you back," Magnus said with a grin and interlinked his hand with one of Alec's. Alec blushed but didn't pull away. That made Magnus smile harder. Hand in hand, they walked out from the Den, the fallen vampires reminding both of them that each of their skills and talents worked brilliantly together. That Magnus and Alec worked brilliantly together.

A/N Hope you enjoyed. Please comment, vote and share!

Lots of Love, IC XXXXXX❤