They're Beautiful, You're Beautiful

A/N So we all know that scene in 2x18 where Magnus shows Alec his cat eyes and Alec makes sure that Magnus feels beautiful. That scene literally melted hearts. And I just wanted to do a  spin-off in which Alec finds about Magnus' eyes and warlock mark in a different way. Hope y'all enjoy! All characters belong to Cassandra Clare. (Except Aria Lochette; I came up with her!)

Magnus was sitting with his legs crossed, looking as flamboyant as he could. "So Aria, how may I help you?" Magnus asked the client who sat in front of him, looking like she was doing Magnus a favour by asking him for something. "I'd prefer Mrs. Lochette," Aria said firmly. Exercising self-control and not rolling his eyes, Magnus said politely, "Of course, Mrs. Lochette; how may I be of help?" "I'd like for you to summon the ghost of my," she cleared her throat, "Of my ex." Magnus' job wasn't to ask why or anything like that so he gave a curt nod. "Of course, ma'am."

Alec sat on his boring desk, signing report after report. And then he decided that he'd had enough and that he would make his way over to the loft. At least he'd have some decent food there along with his boyfriend. Picking up his iPad, and after waving a good bye to Jace, Izzy and Clary, Alec exited the Institute and called a cab to Brooklyn. 

Magnus worked quickly and drew a pentagram on the floor, lit some candles and called up all his energy. Summoning a ghost wasn't easy and it was harder to summon up a ghost when all Magnus knew was that the ghost was the ex of a very cocky woman. But he had the image of the ex in his head and launched all his power into it, his veins thrumming and his blood rushing. Chants flowed out from his lips and his hands went up, palms facing outwards. And then there was a piercing scream.

Magnus' concentration tripped and he lost all the energy he had called upon. He found Aria Lochette with a hand thrown over her mouth, eyes wide with fear. "I haven't even summoned anything and you're already screaming?" Magnus asked and the woman shot him a frightened and furious glance. "You are a monster!" Aria shrieked, "You and your eyes! Those disgusting marks given to warlocks! Absolutely vile and disgusting!" Magnus fought to keep his voice and hands from shaking. "Surely you knew warlocks had marks before you came to ask a favour from one," he said. Aria made a gagging noise. "I knew they had marks, but I never expected to see one!" She screeched before running out of Magnus' apartment.

Magnus couldn't help his cat eyes showing up when he was performing a powerful spell. No warlock could avoid showing their mark during a hard spell. And Magnus had been called a monster countless times and still hurt. It still made him want to lash out. Magnus, not entirely in his right mind, hurled balls of whipping blue fire in every direction he could, making glass shatter, setting sofas on fire and absent-mindedly exploding his front door. And behind that front door stood Alexander, covering his face as debris from the smashed door fell into his face.

Magnus had had it. He was a monster. He couldn't control his emotions and he could cause damage. That was clear from the way half his loft was on fire. Magnus sank to the floor, head in his hands, sobbing softy. His cat eyes vanished and he felt warm arms embrace him. "Magnus, what's wrong?" Alec asked, worried. Magnus couldn't reply. "Hey, it's okay, look at me," Alec said gently and Magnus lifted his face and looked into deep blue eyes.

"What's wrong, Magnus?" Alec asked again. Magnus managed to answer. "A client called me a monster," he said vaguely. Alec squeezed Magnus tighter. "Magnus, you're not a monster, I know that and I need you to know that as well. Whoever called you a monster is the real monster," he said. Magnus leaned into the comforting touch of Alec, not knowing how to thank his Alexander and Alec sat down on the floor, supporting Magnus. "Magnus, which client is that? I want to have a word with them," Alec said, after rocking Magnus forwards and back. Magnus laughed. "It's okay, honey, I- I need to show you something," he said.

Alec would never believe that Magnus was a monster. Nothing he had done in his past will change that. Alec had said that to Magnus. But that was because he had not seen Magnus' cat eyes. Magnus suspected that after Magnus showed Alec his eyes, Alec would mimic what Aria did. But Magnus wanted Alec to know, he needed Alec to know. Shifting lightly from Alec's hold, Magnus gazed into Alec's eyes, his cat eyes open and vulnerable.

Alec's eyes went from quizzical to something else. And Magnus thought he must've imagined it, but it looked like awe. Not disgust or revulsion. "Alexander, say something," Magnus prompted, anxiously waiting for Alec's response. Alec moved his hands slowly and cupped Magnus' cheek, his finger brushing the warlock's cheekbones. "Magnus I - They are so- so-" Magnus thought of what Alec was going to say. 'They're so disgusting?' 'Ugly?' 'Monstrous?' "- They're so beautiful, Magnus," Alec finished.

Magnus couldn't react. Alexander was the first person to tell him that his cat eyes were beautiful. Alec leaned in and brushed his lips against Magnus' really quickly. When he pulled back, there was realisation on Alec's face. "Your idiotic client saw your gorgeous eyes and freaked?" Alec asked. Magnus nodded a little sadly. "This is my warlock's mark, Alexander," Magnus explained, "My client wanted me to do a hard spell and during hard spells, our marks tend to show and they are signs of our demon side. They are meant to be repulsive. And when my client saw my un-Glamoured eyes, they freaked."

Alec's eyes were still filled with awe and love when he pulled Magnus in for another searing kiss. "Well, Magnus, I think your client was a stupid idiot and I also think that you're eyes are beautiful, not in any way disgusting or demonic. Your whole self is beautiful Magnus. And I love you. Also know that you never have to hide your real eyes around me. I like looking at your un-Glamoured eyes. They are really pretty," Alec said and Magnus did not even have to respond as Alec kissed him again, saying over and over again how beautiful he was. It didn't matter if everyone was disgusted by Magnus' real eyes; they were a part of him and Alec had made him realise that. And Alec was the only one who had made Magnus' most demonic part seem loved and beautiful. Only his Alexander had done that.

A/N Thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoyed! Please comment, vote and share!

Lot's of Love, IC XXXXX💖