Chapter 2

After my declaration, All Might frowned. "However righteous, to act without a license is still illegal. I can get you in touch with others whom information like this can benefit though, and we'll take it from there."

I shook my head. "That's not good enough."

All Might sat up straighter, surprised by my words. "Oh?" There was an edge to his voice.

"I don't mean any disrespect to you or your colleagues," I assured him, "but I'm not sure who is trustworthy in this just yet. I know the League has spies in different areas of the government and police, and if word gets to them then it's all over."

"The 'League'?" he questioned.

"The League of Villains. They're what's left of All for One's movement," I explained. "Their numbers are smaller now than when he was running the show, but there's still some nasty ideas floating around their leader's head."

The hero nodded, taking in what I was telling him. "And what of the moles you mentioned? You don't know who they are I'm guessing?"

"Unfortunately, no." I grimaced and looked down at my feet again. "I lost my only contact on the inside after he was found out as a traitor and... dealt with."

There was silence again, and I waited to see what the Symbol of Peace would decide. Either he would help me, or he wouldn't. Either he would let me go, or he would hand me over to the police. This was the moment, and I waited with bated breath to find out what my future would be. I had gambled, and now it was time to see if it had paid off.

All Might sighed and dusted off his hands as he stood up. He then offered a hand to me and I took it, standing before him once more. "I'll need to think about what you're proposing, and I'll also need to hear the rest of the information you've got and your plan before I can say for sure what will happen. I can't promise you that others won't get involved, but I need you to trust me in that anyone I do bring into this is someone I know I can count on." I nodded and the hero continued, "So I'd suggest we meet up tomorrow to go over the details. Do you know where my satellite office is in this city?" All Might Tower, the main headquarters for his agency, was in Minato, Tokyo I knew, but he had smaller offices scattered across the country.

"Vaguely, but I think I should be able to find it," I told him.

"Come by tomorrow around noon, and we'll talk." As he spoke his body started morphing again, like it had the other day in the shop. The already tall man grew even taller it seemed, and wiry limbs transformed into masses of hard muscle. I looked up into his face and the famous smile was back. "But until then, I expect you to head home. I better not catch you out here again like this, or I might not be so lenient next time! But for me, the night is still young. I'd best be off!" He turned away and tensed as he prepared to launch off into the night. Just before he jumped though, he seemed to remember something and stopped. "I almost forgot to ask," he sounded slightly sheepish, "What is your name?"

I thought about giving him the name I went by as a vigilante - Saint - but instead I said, "Hara. Hara Mei."

"Have a good night, Miss Hara," he said, and then he was gone, leaving a gust of wind and energy behind him.

As much as I hated it, I did as he asked and went home. My whole body buzzed with a nervous energy, and now that the adrenaline was wearing off, the true impact of what I'd done was sinking in. I slammed the apartment door behind me and sunk down to the floor with the cool wood pressed against my back as my vision started to go hazy. The panic attack overtook me like a wave, and I tried my best to ride it out without accidentally igniting my quirk - I'd done that before and the landlord was none too happy when I set off the sprinklers.