Chapter 19

I shut the door to the teacher's lounge and collapsed on the couch with a groan. Yagi paused mid-bite as my dramatics interrupted his lunch and raised a brow. "I don't think students are supposed to just waltz right in here," he said dryly, and I groaned again.

"I knew you were in here alone, so I came to have lunch with you," I explained, holding up the little lunch bag unceremoniously without straightening up my posture.

"Hara," Yagi sighed, "what if someone saw you?"

"No one saw me, don't worry," I said before sitting up straighter, now looking at the blonde hero with a frown. He'd been acting a little strange the past couple of weeks, especially when we were at school. We didn't usually interact a ton when we were on campus anyway, but it wasn't uncommon to eat lunch together on occasion. "But if you'd rather eat alone, I'll leave," I offered slowly and jerked my thumb behind me at the door, wondering if that was the case.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "No. You're here now, so might as well."

I shrugged and opened my bento box. "Jeez, no need to sound so excited," I complained, earning a small chuckle and an eye roll.

"So, how'd the written exam go?" he asked conversationally.

"Ugh," was the only thing I bothered to reply.

"You sure are moaning a lot today," he observed with a smirk.

"I know, and it's not even for the fun reasons," I complained, the joke somehow slipping past the part of my brain that was supposed to keep me from blurting things like that. Yagi just about choked, and the spray of blood from his nose and mouth was quickly covered by his hand as he glared at me with pink cheeks. I couldn't help but laugh, despite his very unamused expression. Grabbing a napkin, I pushed his hand away, and dabbed at the blood on his chin. If anything, his blush grew even more vibrant. "You're such a Boy Scout," I teased light heartedly.

The hero huffed and took the napkin from me, finishing clearing away the last of the blood himself. "You know, I used to think you never said anything without thinking, but now I'm not too sure you even have a filter anymore."

Still laughing, I shook my head and play-punched his shoulder. "Only for you, Yagi," I teased, making him cough even more. Once he had a handle on how to breathe again, I decided I'd messed with the poor man enough. "The written exams went fine. I'm sure I passed, but man, was it harder than I expected even. I'm not sure I would have been able to cut it here had I attended as an actual kid. It's hard enough as an adult," I responded to his earlier question. I clenched and unclenched my hand, trying to loosen my fingers. "And my hand is so cramped I swear it may never be the same again," I sighed dramatically.

"You'll be fine," he said dismissively, resuming his lunch. "Just wait for the practical exams tomorrow."

"Won't you please tell me what the practical test is going to be?" I begged, not for the first time. I wasn't sure why he wouldn't tell me - it wasn't cheating if I wasn't a student after all.

The hero shook his head, smirking. "Nope."

"Well then will you at least tell me more about this summer camp thing?" Again, he'd been frustratingly vague on this too.

"Nope."

"Ugh, you're no fun," I whined.

"You're groaning again."

"And you're still no fun," I retorted.

All Might snorted, seemingly focused on his lunch. "Is this the same 'fun' you were talking about earlier? I'd hardly say the teachers' lounge is the right place for that," and I stared at him wide-eyed as the innuendo of his joke registered with my brain.