Brandon had been in lots of relationships before, some he's not quite proud of, but no one else made his heart skip a beat the way that she did.

She's his person, the only one who made him think about mundane domestic shit and not want to drive himself off a cliff because of pressure. Before, the concept of marriage and having kids were ridiculous to him but now, he can't wait to build a family with her. Suddenly becoming the best lawyer no longer meant getting to the top, but instead making this goddamn shit hole a safer place for her to live in.

She is the love of his life and he'd do absolutely anything for her. Brandon snorts, thinking how a few years back the mere thought of saying or thinking such a thing would have him gagging. But here he is, absolutely smitten over a girl a foot shorter than him.

He shakes his head, a small grin stretching his lips.

Cassie can feel the lingering stares, she hears the whispers. She bites her lip realizing working on this case is going to be a pain if she doesn't at least make an effort to make things less awkward for her and Brandon especially having to work so directly.

After the meeting, she needed to stay with her colleagues in the conference room to further discuss the distribution of assignments. She frowns as she watches him leave. She's just going to have to find him later.

Brandon glances at the clock after he saved the last of his report. Cracking his neck, easing back on his seat, taking a power nap before it's time to head out. He was slowly drifting when a knock made him scowl.

"Fuck off, Nick." he grumbles.

"Um, no. It's me, Brand." her voice though muffled with the door being closed, brought back so many memories and some old feelings. Shit, he curses internally as he hears the door crack open.

Brandon sat up and watched Cassie let herself in. "Hi." She smiles shyly. Brandon nods in acknowledgement. It's so weird seeing her again, much more so having her talk to him directly after so long.

"What do you want, Cassie?" he asks, wincing a bit at how harsh he sounded. Cassie merely laughs though, completely used to his remarks. "Wow, we haven't seen each other in, what, 4? 5 years? And you still haven't changed a bit?"

Brandon's nostrils flared, the urge to roll his eyes was inevitable. "Not that it's any of your damn business, but I changed plenty." he leans back against his chair. "I'm just kidding, Brandon. I know you did." Cassie laughs.

"I hardly recognized you when I saw you earlier. Greeting your colleagues and Interns." she snickers. "Back then you would've just walked right past everyone. Barely sparing a glance."

Brandon's scowl faded. Well it's something he got from her. She was always so polite to everyone, fucking smiling and conversing with his interns and coworkers like she's known them her whole life. Eventually, it became weird to him that these people surrounding him are practically buddies with his fiance while he barely gave them a fraction of his attention.

"You look good, you seem happier." Cassie shrugs, smiling at him. "It's nice seeing you again. Well, you know, in person. I see you on Insta all the time, sometimes gossip sites. And those commercials of your families." Brandon shakes his head smiling back a little.

"I am in a pretty fucking good place now, thanks." he says confidently and after a bit, he admits. "And it's good seeing you again too, pinky."

"I just wanted to talk to you before this case, get the awkwardness out of the way." she quirks her lips to the side scratching her neck nervously. He nods gratefully. "Look, the past is the past. Just focus on the job, everything should be fine." he says. She blinks up at him, smiling wider. "That's great then, I'll see you tomorrow in the office." She offers a hand. He eyes it for a second before shaking it firmly. "See ya."