Chapter 9 *Where Things get Real*

Selene: "Ruri, how did you find me?"

Ruri: "Well I was walking by this building and saw you walk in. It was late so I decided to wait until morning to visit."

Reo: "I would've rather you not visit at all."

Selene: "Reo."

Reo: "Mezuke."

(Reo said in a higher pitch voice.)

Selene: "I feel like you're doing it on purpose."

Sara: "So guys what are we doing, like today."

Reo: "A reunion apparently."

Ruri: "Technically this isn't a reunion. We already had our reunion."

Reo: "Whatever. Selene you're in charge of watching Kaen with your sister. Me and Sara will get us money. What do we need?"

Sara: "Can I stay back a little bit, I need to wake up."

Reo: "No."

(Reo grabbed Sara's arm and dragged her out the door.)

Sara: "Ok, bye everyone."

(She waved her other arm as she got dragged around the corner and the door got slammed shut.)

(Selene and Ruri sat on the couch, with Kaen still asleep on the floor. Amazing how he didn't wake up yet.)

Selene: "If you're still trying to convince me to leave with you, it's not happening. I'm fine here."

Ruri: "Yeah sure."

(Ruri looks around the place as she says that.)

Ruri: 'Listen, I'm not trying to take you away, I know you're old enough to watch yourself, but When mom and dad died, you were all I had left, I wanted to make sure nothing happened to you."

Selene: "Mom and dad's death hurt me too."

Ruri: "I know, I feel selfish doing this, but Miziki I need to know that you'll be fine."

Selene: "Ruri, I will."

Ruri: "You said the same thing when you tried to ride the bike without training wheels."

Selene: "You said I was ready."

Ruri: "I was just tired of putting them on everytime."

Selene: "We had to take them off and on or it wouldn't fit in the house."

Ruri: "You mean the shed."

Selene: "It was big to me, I was tiny."

(They both laugh about their past.)

Ruri: "I know I can't make you come with me, so I decided to move here."

Selene: "What?"

Ruri: "Yeah, I got the same job I did back in Tokyo. Just a little less money, because there was not a lot of destruction."

Selene: "Wow, where will you stay?"

Ruri: "Well the job also gives out places to stay there, so it's easier to get a hold of us."

Selene: "Well, if this is what you want."

Ruri: "What I want is to keep you safe, and I will."

(Ruri checked her phone for the time.)

Ruri: "Well I better head off. They like us to be there just in case. Bye Mizuki."

Selene: "Bye Ruri."