08 | Elora

"Get out of the car," Cin said, making no attempt to keep the irritation out his voice.

"No," I said, my eyes challenging his as his clenched fingers tightened around the top of the open car door. "Take me back."

His arm darted towards me and before I could even react I was being pulled out of the car and being crushed against his hard chest.

"Let me go," I struggled against him. "You said if I helped you get the stupid file you'd let me go."

I jerked my elbow in the direction of his face, only to have my movement restricted by the tightening of his fist around my arm.

"I am letting you go," He spun me around so my back was pressed firmly against his front. He was so close I could feel the muscled ridges of his stomach through the thin material of his shirt.

"How is this letting me go?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I didn't say where I'd let you go," he chuckled, so close I could feel his cool breath caressing the skin of my neck, summoning a trail of goosebumps.

A scoff left my mouth. "You're joking."

"Do I look like I'm joking, sweetheart?" He hissed, mouth inches from my ear.

I rolled my eyes before pulling myself out of his now loosened grip. "You can't just keep dragging me everywhere like you own me, " I said, "I'm not your fucking pet. You could just ask me like a normal person."

"I can and I will."

I sighed and walked to stand beside Nico who was watching us with amusement. There was no use in making sense of anything Cin said. He clearly had a sense of authority that I could not be bothered to challenge right now.

"Why does he even need me here?" I asked Nico as we crossed the sparsely populated the street.

"Sorry, cara,"he shrugged, stepping onto the pavement and following Cin to a large glass door."If I could tell you I would."

I looked up at the gold plate next to the door with the engraving 'Luna d'oro'.

"A casino?" I queried, recieving silence as my only answer.

We entered the casino and my eyes were everywhere. The building was fully lined with machines, pool tables , poker set ups of men in suits next to stacks of chips and surrounded by a copious amount of half-empty glasses.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, but once again, my question fell on deaf ears.

Passing the hustle of the main sector of the casino, we reached a desk occupied by a man with a long scar, that snaked its way from his right temple down to his neck and below his shirt collar.

"Boss," the man nodded at Cin.

"Where is Nevio?" Cin asked, face void of anything except an his hard eyes.

"He's in Angelo's sector." The man's eyes stayed trained directly and only on Cin. "He arrived with Leonas fifteen minutes ago."

Cin offered no reply, he simply carried on walking through the quieter part of the casino that began to narrow into a hallway, leaving Nico and I to follow behind.

We turned a corner at the end of the darkenend hallway. It was getting harder to see anything and I was being cautious of my steps, careful not to trip on any uneven part of the red carpeted floor.

We made it to a door, furnished in a layer of gloss black paint, the dim lights barely bouncing off it. Cin opened the door to reveal a bar that was completely vacant apart from an unfamiliar man tied up on a chair in the middle of the room.