02 | Elora

The first thing I noticed was the overwhelmingly unpleasant, musty smell that lingered in the air.

The second thing I noticed was that I was tied up. My eyes were still closed but I could feel the harsh rope digging roughly into the skin of my wrists and ankles. I groaned as I pried my heavy eyes open and peered at my surroundings.

The light was dim but it appeared I was in a basement of some sort. The brown, stone walls were barren and the only objects I could see were a plethora of metal poles and bloodstains scattered across the otherwise void room.

Where the hell am I?

My hairs were raised and goosebumps had surfaced on my skin. I brought my knees to my chest in an attempt to keep warm.

A few minutes passed in complete silence.

I had to think logically about this. The last thing I remember was being tranquillized by the asshole from the mortuary. He must have brought me here. He could have left me there but I would be a witness. A witness to what though?

My thoughts were interrupted by the jiggling of keys. I wanted to cover my ears from the violent attack from the piercing sound of a heavy metal door being opened.

Light filtered in through the gap of the door and I could see an outline of a familiar body standing at the entrance. Swift but heavy footsteps resounded through the room as the figure moved closer towards me.

Straining my neck, I looked at the smiling face of the asshole from the mortuary. My lips set in a hard line as I glared at him.

"Where am I?" I demanded.

He raised a brow but his smile remained. "In a basement," he replied.

"No shit," I muttered.

The asshole chuckled. "Didn't I already warn you about that smart mouth?" He asked

I didn't reply.

"See, you're already learning," he grinned. "Now, the boss will be here in," he looked at his wrist that didn't hold a watch, "about four hours. Keep yourself entertained and pray that the boss is in a good mood." He stared at me for a few moments longer before turning after I gave him a dirty look.

My eyes followed him as he made his way to the door. One hand on the door, he looked at me. "There is a guard outside the door if you want to ask for your last supper."He winked and slammed the door shut.

I tilted my head back to rest against the cold pole I was currently tied and began to weigh out my options.

Option one was to try and get these stupid bonds off my wrists and legs and then somehow find a way to escape from whatever mountain was watching over me on the other side of the door. Option two is to sit and wait until asshole's so-called boss comes and I can see the full extent of the situation I've been forced into.

I'll go with the latter.

Time elapsed stagnantly with nothing to do. Consequently, the only way to cure my boredom was by counting all the blood splatters I could see. I counted sixty-four. Perhaps I could make it sixty-five.

My neck was aching and I wanted nothing more than to relax in a hot bath filled with Epson salts in the dark with a few vanilla candles scattered and faint music playing softly in the background.