03 | Elora

The journey to the guest room with Nico was beguiling. The perpetual narrow collective of hallways was captivating with conflates of black, gold and crimson hues. The elegant, high ceilings and marble stone floors were a sight to behold.

Seeing something of this luxury was unfamiliar, strange and yet marvellous. The grandeur of the place made me more aware of my current attire; plain jeans and an old charcoal graphic t-shirt.

The squeaking of my trainers could be heard loudly as they collided with the lavish floors. My cheeks began to warm slightly as I felt out of place and minuscule in the enormity of this regal property.

I lowered my eyes to Nico's feet and observed his black dress shoes that were probably worth more than my annual income. Who knew criminals could make so much money kidnapping girls from their work.

I stopped moving as Nico halted in front of a black door and turned to me.

"This will be your room for your time here," he opened the door and strolled in, leaving me to trail behind, "Take some time to freshen up and Cin will ask for your presence in his office to discuss your part in the operation."

"When will that be?" I asked as my eyes scanned the large room.

"Whenever he is ready," he replied. "Any more questions?"

"Yes, actually. What is all of this? Are you some sort of crime syndicate or something?"I questioned.

"Cara," he drawled out, and a grin rose on his face "If I told you that I'd have to kill you."

He must have noticed the slight frown on my face as his grin fell, "I'm joking."

I had a feeling he wasn't joking.

With that, he left the room, door closing behind him.

The room was as beautiful as the rest of the building, with a large queen-sized bed, adorned in black and grey linen, placed in the middle of the room with a pair of ebony drawers on each side. Tall curtains were draped across a large window that seemed to be the only thing preventing the room to be in complete darkness.

I made my way towards another door on the left side and opened it to reveal a bathroom. Closing the door behind me, I slipped my shoes off and walked over to the large mirror that expanded across the entirety of one wall.

I grimaced as I saw the state of myself. My dark brown hair was unkempt and cascaded messily down my back. A small bruise had begun developing on the side of my face. I cautiously raised a hand to my face and pressed gently on the bruise, wincing slightly at the pain that jolted through me. I bet that asshole had dropped me when he brought me here.

I rolled my eyes and removed the rest of my clothes.

I headed over towards the glass panel of the shower and opened it. I stepped into the shower and adjusted the handle.

I jerked back as a burst of freezing water came spraying out. I cautiously placed my hand on the handle again and adjusted it until the temperature was scalding hot. I stepped under the water and closed my eyes as beads of water kissed my skin.

Taking some shower gel from the side of the shower, I began to lather it generously all over my body. Next, I took the two in one shampoo and condition and began to work it into my thick hair. The fragrance of the toiletries made it eminent that the products were intended for men.

Suddenly, a knocking sound echoed throughout the room and I rushed to turn the shower off and grab a towel from the counter.

Wrapping the soft fabric around my frame, I shouted out, "One second!"