twenty- eight || stay

"Darling, all of my wrongs, they lead me right to me
Wrapped in your arms, I swear I'd die
For your love, your love, I'm a better, better man"

---

I was very happy to be home. As soon as we walked in the door, I hugged the three girls. They've saved me multiple times and I couldn't thank them enough.

I convinced Alexa to stay the night and we all set up for the night in the basement. Sleeping bags on the couches, food all over the coffee table. And Disney movies playing on the TV. My heart felt happy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The next morning. Alexa told me she had to head back to England. Sadie and Faith said their goodbyes and I walked Alexa out to her Uber.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked after Alexa and I had pulled away from our hug.

"Go for it," Alexa shrugged.

"How'd you figure out that Cash liked me?"

"Oh, sweetie," Alexa put her final bag in the trunk before turning back to me. "He looks at you the way I looked at him and way I always wanted him to look at me," Alexa explained and I gave her a sad smile.

"Don't feel bad for me, I'll find another boy, or girl," she smiles and my eyebrows shoot up.

"Oh, I didn't know you were-"

"Pan? Yeah, I don't tell a lot of people. My parents don't know but I'm hoping one day they will. Cash knew, by the way," Alexa explains and I just slowly nod.

"Keep in touch?" She asked, opening the car door.

"Of course," I nodded, watching as the car sped down the road. Walking back inside, I actually felt okay for the first time in months.

---

3 weeks later

The month of June is over and not much has happened. Well, I take that back. A few things have happened.

Alexa and I have kept in touch. I actually added her to the group chat I have with Faith and Sadie. We always talk to each other late at night.

I haven't seen Hudson since that night in the rain. Faith actually told her parents about him and they're considering sending him to boarding school.

My parents have been home a lot more, we celebrated Faith's birthday with her family, sans Hudson of course.

And last but not least, Cash. I haven't actually seen him much except for when he's coming home from the grocery store or mowing the law.

Late night night I had an internal war with myself and decided what to do about this Cash situation. So, early the next morning I woke up before Faith and Sadie so I could have some time to myself before telling them the news.

"Laci's up early that means someone died. Who died?" Sadie asked as her and Faith made their way downstairs. I just laughed and skipped over to them.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Faith's eyebrows knitted together and I contained my smile.

"I- I'm going to tell Cash how I feel."

"And how do you feel?" Faith asked, grabbing her laptop.

"Good, I mean I'm nervous but you know I think it'll go well and I feel like-"

"Cash. Laci, how do you feel about Cash?" Faith put her hand on my shoulder to stop my rambling.