four || girlfriend?

"Are you holding back like the way I do?
'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't goin' away"

---

Cash and I continued to walk in silence around the neighborhood. I didn't recognize some of the houses at first, but it soon came to me that we were going in a big circle.

"Wanna come over and watch TV for a little bit?" Cash asked, checking the time on his phone, "my mom won't be done with dinner yet," he added as we walked back down our street. I remember all the times we would ride our bikes up and down the street, and the times we played city where Cash would own a car shop also known as his garage and my sister and I would pretend our bikes were broken so Cash could fix them as if they were cars.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I hesitated, wondering about Sadie, but I was sure she'd be fine. We entered Cash's house again, being greeted by the smell of stew.

"Back so soon?" Tara asked as I followed Cash into the kitchen. She was chopping up some type of meat, I assume to put into the large pot on the stove. Cash explained how we were just going to go watch TV and Tara smiled to herself.

"That smells lovely, by the way," I complimented Tara and she sent me a thankful smile. I wish I could have a family dinner, knowing for the next week or so Sadie and I will be living off of leftover mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and probably take out. I wandered into the living room where Cash had already turned on the TV and sat on the couch.

"Come here," he whined, grabbing my waist from behind and pulling me down onto the couch. I felt my stomach flip and I couldn't help the giddy feelings forming inside me once again. Is this what butterflies felt like? I didn't really know since I didn't usually do romantic things. I mean, I've had boyfriends in the past, and I've kissed a few guys but nothing compared to the feeling in my stomach right now.

"Sorry," I giggled, giggled. I don't giggle, "what are we watching?" I asked, clearing my throat. Cash switched positions on the couch to where he laid his head on the armrest and kicked his legs onto my lap. I stayed facing forward, not daring to look at Cash as he tried to aim the remote at the TV.

"Can you do it?" Cash asked, tossing me the remote. As I aimed the remote at the TV to choose a channel, the doorbell rang. Cash didn't seem like he was going to get up and answer it so I stayed put. Passing by Cartoon Network, The Amazing World of Gumball came on and Cash grabbed my arm to stop me from switching the channel.

"Cash! It's for you," Tara's voice was heard from down the short hallway. She sounded irritated but I didn't read much into it as I followed Cash out of the living room and towards the front door. I couldn't help but be disappointed by the interruption. 

"Suprise!" A girl the same height as Cash with long blonde hair squealed, running and wrapping her arms around Cash's neck. He had a shocked look on his face that was quickly replaced by a look I couldn't understand. 

"Alexa?" His voice cracked. 

"Alexa?" I whispered to myself by apparently Tara ended up hearing me.

"His girlfriend," she whispered back, crossing her arms. 

"Girlfriend?" I said in a voice that was barely a whisper. The feeling in my stomach was gone in an instant. It felt like all the butterflies were dead, like some big spider came in and shot them all, and tearing their wings apart. Cash and Alexa pulled away and I came face to face with the bimbo herself. 

"This must be Laci! I've heard so much about you," Alexa wrapped me in a hug that I couldn't return even if I wanted to. 

"Not to sound like something out of a movie, but I've heard nothing about you," I breathed, having losing oxygen by this girls grip around my body. 

"Oh, well maybe you two can learn more about each other over dinner here?" Cash basically pleaded to me. He might as well of gotten on his knees and begged. 

"Actually, I'm not feeling so good, I better get home," I clutched my stomach and made my way to the door. I had to admit, it was an awful excuse but my stomach really did hurt, but not the same way Cash probably thought. 

"Oh, that's a shame," Alexa sent me a pouty face, " see you," she waved and plastered a smile onto her face. 

"Maybe I can stop by later?" Cash asked, making it sound more like a cry for help. As if he'd want to get away from the beautiful blondie he calls his girlfriend. 

"Actually, this seems pretty serious, you better stay far away," I said, not waiting for a response as I slipped out the door and sprinted across the street. I slammed open my front door to see Sadie and her best friend, Faith, at the kitchen countertop.

"Oh, God, what happened?" Sadie sighed as I walked over to them.

"He has a girlfriend," I whispered, the word sounding like poison on my tongue. Faith dug through her backpack and placed her laptop on the table, opening it all in one swift motion. 

"Tell me everything," she said, cracking her fingers and typing something on the computer before looking back at me. 

"Faith, I love you, but why do you care?" I asked, grabbing a glass of water. Maybe if I found a cup big enough, I could drown myself. 

"My Wattpad readers need new content, duh!" Faith turned her laptop for Sadie and me to see her illuminating computer screen. 

"Neighbor? You're writing about Cash and me?" I asked, inspecting the screen more. 

"Yeah, Sadie's been telling me everything," Faith turned the laptop to face her again before clearing her throat, "so, tell me what happened."

---

it's me, i'm faith. no, like actually my name's faith

good morning to everyone except people who like warm milk.

jk good morning to everyone

except people who think it's okay to call new fans locals just bc they don't know everything about their idol.. i strongly dislike you guys.