twenty-six || whipped

"I've been asleep so long
I'm so far away
Visions I see are strong
I hear what they say"

---

we in for a rOLLERCOASTER my friends so seatbelts on and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at most times

---

Cash's POV

I messed up, severely. And I don't know how to fix it.

Let me back track a little. After Alexa saw the cover I posted of me singing, we had a talk. A long one. It's not like I didn't know she was going to see the video. Maybe it was just my way of telling her I didn't like her without actually telling her.

"Why didn't you just tell me you liked Laci?" Alexa had asked me. We were in the living room of her house in England.

"I- I didn't know it at first, I'm so sorry," I didn't want to cry I was sick of crying over this, over her.

"I'm not going to say it's okay because then you'd think it's fine to do it again. But, I do accept your apology," Alexa placed a comforting hand on my arm to attempt to relax me. "I'm not mad that you like Laci, I'm just a little upset you didn't tell me about this. I could've helped you."

"I know," I did know, I should've gone to Alexa, that would've been the logical thing. But, think about it from my perspective; I wasn't about to talk to my girlfriend about my neighbor who I've been in denial about for god knows how long.

"So, obviously this isn't working out," Alexa spoke after moments of silence. She let out a small laugh and I joined her. "You're a great guy, Cash. Thank you for making all these memories with me. Maybe, some day you can make more with Laci."

"Why are you so calm about this?" I asked. I hadn't meant to ask, but I had to know nonetheless.

"What's the point of being immature about it? We're both teenagers it's not the end of the world for either of us. We didn't work out so I'll move on, no point in dragging out something that's over," Alexa explained. I admired her maturity and confidence, it's what drew me to her.

"So," I asked, looking around the room, "what happens now?"

"I thought about this on the car ride home from the shops," Alexa put her hands on my shoulders, making me look her in the eyes. "You are flying back to the US and telling Laci how you feel, in person."

"Are you insane?"

"Yes, that's the point. Go big or go home, right? And Cash, I love you but, I don't really want my ex boyfriend in my house. It's not a good dinner conversation starter," Alexa gave me a disapproving look and I nodded, biting my bottom lip.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, don't feel guilty for feeling the way you feel," Alexa said, standing up. "Now, let's go get you packed, we have a fairytale ending ahead of us!"

Alexa was very wrong about the fairytale ending thing. It didn't work. I played a song for Laci that I had spent months working on. It orginally started out as a poem I wrote in third grade about someone you love.

Most kids wrote about their moms or dads or even pets. But I wrote about Laci. I wrote about the girl who has lived across the street from me my entire life. I write about the girl who would share her gummy worms with me. I wrote about the girl who had a habit of cracking her knuckles when she was nervous. I wrote about the girl who would do anything for the people she loved. Back then, I didn't know what love was but now I do.

And man, was I whipped.

---

short chapter i just wanted to do a cash pov for this to take a look at his conversation with alexa

i was listening to red desert while writing this chapter so it seemed fitting to put it as the song