mean it. (2)

JENNIE

"What have I done?" I weakly asked myself, burying my face on my hands as my tears just kept cascading down my cheeks. "I lost her," I whispered.

Just remembering how her voice which sounded so warm and soft whenever she talked to me before suddenly felt cold and blank that it is so unknown and unrecognizable to me.

"I've had enough of your game, Kim."

"From this day on, I don't want to see your face anymore."

And what hurt me more is how her eyes flared in anger and hurt. It pained me knowing that I am the reason behind those emotions. I caused it. I hurt her.

But I never meant to do that.

As my chest starts to grow heavy, I felt Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around me, trying her best to comfort me. 

I can feel her worried eyes on me but she just stayed silent. "C-Chaeng, I l-lost Lisa." I mumbled in defeat, letting myself succumb in her embrace.

Days already passed as I kept trying my best to reach out to her. Every time, I tried calling her in her phone but it always went on her voicemail. I tried waiting for her outside her building but I never saw her.

I should have known that this will happen. If I just told her the truth then we wouldn't suffer. I would not have hurt her.

Now, I'm running out of ideas how to talk to her.

Not unless...

"Jennie?" I quickly glanced on the voice who called me. I immediately rose on my seat and approached her.

Her eyes scanned my features as her stare stayed emotionless. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"S-Seulgi..." I reached for her hand, my eyes are begging already for her to listen to me. But she chooses to ignore it all.

"If it's about Lisa, stop it already." she stated in a hard tone. "I don't even get why you are doing this?" she inquired.

"Seulgi, please. Just help me. I need to talk to her." I sighed in defeat; tears are starting to build up again on my eyes.

"I can't see any reason for you to talk to her." she said as she looked away, refusing to see my defeated look. "You're hurting her, Jennie. You keep hurting my friend." She mumbled, her rage and disappointment is evident on her tone.

Feeling already losing hope, I grabbed her hands and pleaded to her. I just can't stop this. I shouldn't stop fighting for her. "P-Please, I want to explain myself. Seulgi... p-please." I sobbed.

Seulgi's eyes softened and she sighed heavily. "I... I don't know if I can help you, Jennie." she admitted. "She's been trying to hide all her emotions since that day." she informed.

She breathed out and nodded her head. "Fine. I'll try. Let's see what I can do." she said as she gave me a small smile.

"She's been drowning herself in her work. That stubborn kid." Seulgi exasperatedly sighed and run her hands in her hair. We've been meeting each other to plan how to talk to Lisa.

And as you can see, we haven't succeeded.

Yet.

I hope.

"Seulgi..." I trailed, hesitating to ask her about something. "About last time... why did she ignore me before?" I asked remembering about the last time she ignored me before the incident.