i see you see me.

LISA.

I shook my head for the nth time as I continue to watch what's in front of me. "Lisa-ya. You're really great." The chipmunk who's seating across me, exclaimed in glee as she enjoyed her free meal which I was forced to pay.

I silently snickered at her and continued to eat my own meal. "Tch. You're just saying that because I treat you." I responded as I finished my lunch and decided to watch the happy chipmunk munched on her foods.

"Hrm, hrm." She happily hummed, frantically shaking her head mouth full which caused for me to chuckle on her cute antics. You're lucky, you're my best friend. I pondered and reached for my chocolate milk drink.

"So, how are you and your girlfriend? Irene unnie?" She questioned which caught me off guard.

I choked on my drink and heavily coughed. "Oh my! Are you okay, Shutterbug?" Chaeyoung worriedly asked as she abruptly moved to my side and tapped my back.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just... never mind." I reassured her to calm her down and forced out a tight smile. I'm still not ready for that talk.

"Ya, you should slow down. I'm not stealing your food anyway." Chaeyoung scolded and goes back to her foods like nothing happened. Really, Chaeng?

She was about to scold me more but her eyes caught something behind me. "Oh! Lisa-ya!" Her eyes suddenly widen and glistened in excitement.

"Remember the girl I'd told you the other day?" She asked and a smile starts to escape in her lips.

I snorted and leaned my arms on the table. "The 'oh-so-gorgeous' girl you say." I teased and she quickly turned her gaze to me, throwing daggers at me.

Pink tints begins to appear on her fluffy cheeks. "Shut up." she hushed and shyly grinned. "She's that girl!" She added before pointing somewhere.

I quickly turn my head, looking at the direction she pointing, seeing a small brunette near the counter choosing her order. "Oh? That one?" She's right about her being gorgeous tho. I thought when the said girl looked around searching for table.

I averted my gaze back to my best friend and chuckled when I caught her staring intensely at the brunette. "Then what are you waiting for? Move, chipmunk and shoot your shot." I encouraged her.

"But—" She goes to complain but I immediately cut her words. "Quick or I won't treat you again." I warned but she knows it's an empty threat. But she just really need some encouragement.

She gave me another glance before standing up, walking her way to the girl. I stifled a laugh when she accidentally tripped causing for her to bump at the brunette. "Wow, what great way to impress your crush, Chipmunk." I mumbled before shaking my head.

"Aish. I should probably teach her something first." I whispered to before I diverted my eyes away from them.

Which was a mistake.

Joohyun. I nervously held in my breath as my eyes caught the eyes of someone I used to love.

Fine. I still love.

It took me a minute before I came back to my senses. No, stop Lisa. I abruptly looked down and hurriedly fixed my things.

I still can't.

I heavily exhaled out the air I've been holding as the familiar heavy feeling on my chest starts to reappear. I'm still not ready for that. I pondered as the scenario that happened just week ago replayed on my mind.

"Let's break up." Your voice sounded hollow and too cold for my liking. I thought you would be happy when I tried to surprise you that day.

I confusedly ask you what do you mean, still denying to myself what I heard. We've been like this before. You'll say that phrase but I know better that you don't mean it. You love me. I can still find a way to take you back.