looks like we made it.

"I know, I know. They told us ahead of time that they'd be home today," Bambam grumbles on his phone as he rushes to fix his belongings in his car's compartment. Making sure there's enough room in the trunk for their friends' suitcases.

He and Jennie are currently waiting for Hanbin and Lisa to arrive from Europe outside the airport. Their company sent them there for nearly a year in the hopes that they would land the best opportunity that their work could provide. "Exactly, that's why we're picking them up," he says on the phone, looking at the building's entrance, hoping to see their friends.

Meanwhile, while Bambam is on the phone, Jennie is dozing off, her mind wandering to a certain incident that occurred weeks ago. She wasn't sure if accompanying Bambam was the right decision because it only meant she'd finally see the person who had been on her mind for the past few months.

"Don't you think you might have forgotten something?" she grumbled, the same achy feeling returning to her chest. She can't recall the last time she had a proper conversation with the person on the phone. 

"Hmm? You lost me, baby," mumbled the voice on the other end of the line. There are a lot of noises in the background, including a loud rustling of papers, grumbled mumbles, and curses from the person on the phone. "Shi-I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I have a lot of work coming up; what do you mean?" the person inquired, their tone frustrated and tired.

It's always the same reason, and she despised admitting she's sick of hearing it. "Are you serious right now?!" 

 "Are you being serious right now?!" She felt her tears well up in her eyes as her frustration grew. "I've been so understanding about everything about you, but couldn't you just lend us some time?" She ran her hands through her hair defeatedly, disappointment and irritation creeping up on her head.

"It's as if I'm constantly begging for your time! Look, it took you months to finally and properly talk to me again!" The person on the other end of the line began to fire her with the same apologies and stuff about making it up to her, but she wasn't buying it.

"Why do I feel like you're slowly..." she trailed off, swallowing the lump that had formed on her throat. "You know what... talk to me in person," she said, quickly hanging up without giving the other person a chance to respond.

Hnbn❤️: Babe, I'm sorry okay? Please let me make it up to you. I promise, I'll make it up to you. And that was the last message she ever received which was probably two weeks from now.

She's tired of it, and all of this is making her nervous. She's unsure what will happen in their relationship, which they've worked hard to build over the years. She's afraid that everything she's planned and the dreams she's created with them will all be for naught now.

"Right, Jennie?" mutters Bambam, looking at the girl who is strangely silently standing beside his car, clearly lost in thought. "Jen?" He looks at her, concern in his eyes as she slightly jumps on his touch. "Are you okay?" he asks quietly, receiving only a small nod in response.

He decides not to press her to speak up and hangs up the phone. Checking his phone once more, he returns his gaze to the entrance, seeing Hanbin's message that they're almost there. He quickly informs Jennie of the situation and follows quietly behind him to meet their friends.

After an hour and a half of driving, they decided to stop for breakfast on the way because it would take them two more hours to get to Irene's beach house. "I'll order for us; just stay here," Jennie says to the three who have just nodded at her, fully aware that they will not win an argument with the girl if they insist on doing so.