strangers' roadtrip. (4)

JENNIE

Jeongyeon shouts when Lisa passes on our table. She just finished bringing the orders at the counter and someone already take over on her job. "Lisa! You joining us?" Jeongyeon asks.

Please say yes. "Maybe later after I perform..." Lisa shrugs at her as she answers and my shoulder immediately slumps down on her response. "...but I can stay for awhile." she quickly mumbles as she glances at me.

"Nice, niceee! Come here." Seulgi who arrived late with Momo, Jeongyeon and Dahyun, exclaims and pulls Lisa to sit beside her. "I'm not going anywhere, bear." Lisa jokes and chuckles as Seulgi hugs her arm.

"Guys, do you know our Manoban here has been talking a lot about this girl she met weeks ago?" Seulgi starts to say and the corner of her lips starts to lift as she shifts her eyes on Lisa.

I notice Lisa stiffens on her seat and flickers her eyes to me and back on the girl beside her who's now wearing a teasing smirk. "Ah... Seul?" she nervously mumbles and tugs on Seulgi's shirt.

Seulgi ignores her and continues to tell. "She calls her mandu which I think was little weird since does anyone knows someone who looks like a dumpling?" she asks and gazes at everyone who shrug their shoulders.

"She must have given up on the girl she's secretly courting." Jeongyeon states which caught my attention. So everyone I mean her friends knows about that girl.

Seulgi nods her head and playfully glares at Lisa who's still obviously nervous and shy about the topic. "I'm starting to think that you just made that up so we would stop pestering you to date." Seulgi says.

Irene unnie chuckles and leans her head on Seulgi, her girlfriend's shoulder as she holds and intertwines their hands. "Well, same here. Same goes with my little sister here." She mumbles as she points at me.

"Joohyunniee..." I start to whine as the topic picks Lisa's attention. She curiously looks at me and back at Irene unnie.

"She's talking about this "gentle stranger" she met few weeks ago." Irene unnie let out a teasing smile and winks at me as she air quotes the gentle stranger word.

"What?" The late comers screech and stare weirdly at me as if I grew another head.

"Oh right! The unlucky one!" Nayeon exclaims which made everyone laugh.

I grunted and about to say something. "That's—"

"Chu said that she hasn't stop talking about how that person took care of her and how she really like—"

"Unnieeeee!" I exclaim and hide my face on my hands as I caught Lisa smiling strangely at herself.

I felt someone taps my head and see Jisoo standing behind me. "Why are you shouting, Jendeuk?" she asks and sits beside me.

When she looks forward, she notices Rosie. "Oh, Chaeyoungie?" she mumbles and reaches for Rosie's hand—Wait? She also knows her? "So you already met Chaeng." Jisoo turns to me and I confusedly nod at her.

"Well Jennie, this is my girlfriend, Chaeyoung or Rosé, Rosie or whatever. This chipmunk got a lot of nicknames." Jisoo introduces and Rosie just shyly smiles at me. I shift my eyes towards the two and their hands. Wait, what?

"Lisa. Wendy unnie is looking for you." The crew suddenly called Lisa. Lisa quickly stands up and leaves after excusing herself.

"What made Limario look agitated? She seems like overexcited." Jisoo mumbles to Rosie. I still can't believe she's her girlfriend which is Lisa's best friend.

So all this time Jisoo knows Lisa too. "Well, I have no clue. That monkey wouldn't tell me." Rosie answers.

The small stage at the corner of the restaurants suddenly lit up. Everyone silently waits as Lisa walks up and sits in front of the piano. "Hello, I'm Lisa." she says through the mic as she faces the crowds.