Chapter 16

Once we got out the door, I stopped Five from walking. He seemed to be stressed and in deep thought. I tried reading his mind so I didn't have to ask what was wrong but Five wouldn't let me go in his head and after that I knew to mind my own business. This was the first time I had an issue with reading someone's mind because each time they weren't able to use their full mind capacity. But now this was the first time so I chose to give this one up.

"Everything alright?" I asked Five as he turned over to me.

Five sighed. "Could be better."

I gave him a reassuring smile which he greatly returned.

"We'll figure out something," I said as I grabbed onto his hands. "I promise."

Five leaned in and kiss me on forehead then brought me into his arms. I hugged him tight, appreciating this moment, realizing how protected I felt but at the same time so cozy.

"You need to head back to Elliot's." Five suddenly said.

"What?" I took a step back from him but one of my hands were still connected to his.

"I need to deal with something."

"Alright, when will you be back?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." Five sighed.

"Okay, just be careful."

I quickly gave Five a kiss on the cheek and watched as he left. I didn't have any idea where he was going but all I knew was that I needed to get back to Elliots.

***

Five's point of view:

As I headed to were The Handler told me were to go if I wanted to take her deal. I had to help my family and Y/N. My main goal was to save them. I couldn't dare to loose Y/N, these past couple of days have been magical. Even if there was their ups and downs, there were always those little things that just made it all better.

Once I got to the building I took another glance at the paper that I wrote the address down, making sure that I was at the correct place. I entered the building and went to the room that I was supposed to be at

I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. The door opened, revealing the Handler.

"Ah! Just in time for a nightcap." The Handler greeted me as she walked over to the cocktail shaker.

I hesitated before I walked in. The Handler was preparing our cocktails as I walked in, slowly shutting the doors. She lit a cigarette and put her in her mouth as she held the cocktails.

"To be clear, I take out the board..." I sighed. "...you get me, Y/N and my family home. No more doomsday, no more apocalypse. Is that correct?" I questioned.

The Handler laid on the bed as I followed her, standing at the end of the bed.

"That's the deal." She simply said.

"Then I'm in."

She held up a little note and I knew exactly what was inside. I grabbed the note from her hands and opened it. It said The Lonely Lodger Inn Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 1982. I looked back up at the Handler.

"So, you didn't kill Y/N, did you?" The Handler asked as she stood up, drinking her cocktail.

"Well, why would I? She did nothing wrong." My eyes followed the Handler as she moved around the room. "Why did you lie about her?"

The Handler sighed.

"She's too powerful." The Handler stated. "She can take down the world and the commission. Since she's not in our hands like we planned, we could be in big trouble."