• | Chapter Twenty-Five | •

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Michelle frowned, but understood why she was still upset. Anything could've happened that night between her and Javen if she didn't pick up the phone when Riley called her. "I've talked to her and she's sorry. She misses you."

Riley scowled before softly sighing again. "...I miss her, too."

"Talk to her, then."

"No." Her stubbornness came flooding back in and Michelle exhaled a breath of frustration as she focused back on her notes.

Riley glanced up at the board and saw Ms. Ryier erasing older bullet points, then jotting down some more as she talked on. Michelle's eyes crossed and she groaned as she laid her head on her desk.

"Man, how many of these stories do we have to know?" She whined.

Riley softly chuckled and sat up straighter as she wiggled her aching fingers. "All twelve of 'em. The exam is cumulative, you know?" She kidded, allowing Michelle to playfully nudge her with her elbow to her side after raising her head back up.

"If I write down all this crap and none of it is on the exam, I'll flip shit." She muttered.

Riley stifled her laugh but agreed nonetheless. "I detect no lies."

After a brief silence between them as they resumed jotting down the new notes, Riley felt her phone buzz in her pocket. As she pulled it out beneath the table, she knew it couldn't have been Michael since he was teaching. Unless he was sitting down at his desk doing whatever while his students watched a video or something.

To her dismay, it was the last person she wanted to contact. He had sent her a barrage of texts since early this morning and it was nonstop.

Maybe: Javen

Good morning Beautiful 😌
6:30 AM

Riley please talk to me. I'm sorry OK?
7:01 AM

Yelling at him was out of line but I just didn't like people flirting with you. You're mine.
8:16 AM

Can we please just talk?
9:25 AM

I really don't want to lose you. You're a one of a kind and I want you for myself.
10:45 AM

"This shit is never-ending." Michelle looked over as Riley glowered at the dimmed screen with her teeth gritted. She slightly tilted her phone to show Michelle the texts.

She screwed her face up in response. "Is he always blowing your phone up like that?" She asked in disbelief and Riley nodded.

"All the time. It's annoying. You would think after that night, he would finally leave me alone, but no. He just keeps texting me and trying to call me."

Michelle felt an unsettling vibe from the texts, especially the "you're mine" part, but she pushed it aside as she started scribbling down more notes. "He'll get the hint. Hopefully."

"I hope so, too."

Maybe: Javen

Are you in class?
10:48 AM

Riley decided to finally reply back and quickly end whatever he thought was going on between them.

Yes.
10:49 AM

If you're in class, then why are you texting?
10:50 AM

She felt her eyes cross in utter annoyance, then exhaled as she looked up for a split second to check if Mrs. Ryier was paying her any mind. She still had her back turned while continuing to lecture, and Riley took the opportunity to speedily text away on her phone.