Chapter55- One Condition

Start from the beginning

(Jannat's hands roll up and then stretch out as she lifts her hand to slap him but then notices tears running down his eyes.)
—I'm about to get all of my anger out on Siddharth.
Every bit of it stored from the last three years, when I notice his eyes red as tears roll out of them.
Loads of tears.

His hands wrapping around me as he sobs miserably into my shoulder.
Why is he crying?

The Rohit that Siddharth is, is always happy-go-lucky. In the last few days I've known him, not once had his smile faded away.
Then why is he sobbing like this?—
(Jaan not hugging him back as he slowly stops hugging her and tries to wipe his tears off)

Jaan: Why did you do this to us. Why did you fake your death! Do you know what Avneet has been going through the last few years!
And even disregarding Avneet, your brothers! Do you have any idea what they went through?! Your own brothers!
Sid: Jannat, for how long have you known me?
Jaan: (now confused and very angry) somewhere around 6 months before you died!
Sid: exactly 5 months 3days. So there's much for you to know about me.
(The elevator chimes meaning that someone wants permission)
Sid: let's talk over coffee?
Jaan: YOU IDIOT!
Sid: (holding her mouth tightly so that she can't utter a sound and dragging her to a nearby closet)

—What in the world!
Is Siddharth gonna kill me?
"Sid: there's much for you to know about me."

Is Siddharth a murderer?
No way. That can't be. Siddharth is my friend.
He won't kill me.
He won't kill you Jannat. He won't.

I struggle as hard as I can to get out of his grip but my efforts go down the drain as his hold on my mph just gets stronger.

He leads me to a closet at the corner of the room.
He makes me stand straight, my eyes looking straight into his which just burn with a whole new kinda intense seriousness.
I just sand still, now concerned about what he wants to do next and why he's behaving like this with me.—

Sid: (in a dead serious tone) Jannat Zubair! It's for your own good. Are you going to stay silent and sit, or should I drug you?!
(Jaan shading her head vigorously)
Sid: good! Don't move or make a sound. I'll be back.

—Drug me?! No way!
But the Siddharth I know would never even say such a thing!

Do I know Siddharth at all?

I look through the tiny spacing as I see Sid picking his specks up and putting them on as he gives permission to whoever' sat the elevator to come in.
He sits down professionally at the desk and to my shock, a lady walks out in a black gown.

Aadaya.

Holding two cups of Champagne as she has a sly smile plastered on her face.
Why is she here? At this hour?!—

Rohit: Ms. Aadaya Misra. At this hour?
Aadaya: Pleasure to see you too.
Rohit: have a seat.
(Aadaya sitting down on the seat in front of Sid)
Aadaya: here, I got a glass of champagne for you.
Rohit: no thank you. I don't drink poisoned stuff.
Aadaya: so you don't trust me?
Rohit: (letting out a laugh and a smirk) certainly not. And besides I already have a coffee appointment today.
Aadaya: so... a sip of champagne doesn't hurt.
Rohit: oh please Aadaya. I know that champagne dosent fizz like that.
I have experience in the industry. I'm not just any cheap alleyway thief. And even you know that.
Aadaya: yes I do.
Rohit: so... why do you wanna kill me?
Aadaya: you know who I am.
Rohit: (letting out a laugh and then dramatically wiping his tears)
Rohit: why the hell would I wanna waste my time in filing a case against you!
I'm sorry Ms. Aadaya but I'm not as horrible a person as you may think. I would be more than obliged to let you live the few days left in your life.
After all, you too are getting old.