«Hospital»

My whole body felt warm. It was comforting. It was like a soft blanket of nothingness. Suddenly, i felt an unbearable pain shoot throughout my entire body. It felt like someone was slowly ripping out each of my limbs. I then slowly felt my eyes starting to open.

I couldn't imagine how worried my mom is right now. Just the thought of it made me sick to my stomach with guilt.

The room was completely white and silent with the exception of the slow paced beeping from the machine beside me. My whole body hurt. I wanted to go back to the soft blanket of nothingness i was once in. Suddenly, i heard the door creak open.

"Izuku Midoriya? Glad to see your awake!" The man who entered the room said. He was average looking and wore a white coat, most likely one of the doctors here, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I said, looking down.

"You're mother will be here shortly. You know, you gave her a big scare there. She really loves you." He said to me. I couldn't look him in the face.

"I-I know.."

I heard foot steps running through the halls. My mom rushed into the hospital room, pushing the doctor aside.

"MY BABY!" She cried. She gave me a big hug and started sobbing in my chest. It hurt. physically and mentally. I noticed she was holding something, so i looked down at her hands. It was my suicide note i left in my room. My heart dropped.

"m-mom i-"

"IM SO SORRY IZUKU, I FAILED YOU! I-I'll be better i p-promise!" She said in between her choked sobs. I was flooded with overwhelming guilt. Even though i didn't mean to fall, i still wish i could have died from it. I couldn't bear to see my mother's pitiful expression towards me.

"You are very lucky young man. You had a few broken bones, but we were able to heal those right away. You might be feeling a bit sore for a while, but you should be as good as new soon." The doctor said with a sympathetic smile. I didn't find myself to be lucky whatsoever. If anything, i was the unluckiest person in the world. The doctor then faced towards my mom.

"We'll have to keep him here for another day to make sure he doesn't have any internal injuries. You can pick up his medication sometime next week." The doctor stated. My mother nodded with tears flooding her eyes.

"Now Midoriya, you should get some rest. We will be leaving now." The doctor said, gesturing to my mom to follow him outside. She did as she was told. It was just me now in the quiet white room. Just me and my thoughts.

I started thinking about the event the occurred before i fell. My interaction with the 'number one hero'. My whole view on heroes in this society completely changed. I went from looking up to them and admiring their heroic behavior, to seeing what they truly are inside and despising them. I hated them all. All of them were selfish bastards who only cared for money and fame. They deserve to die. Suddenly, i heard faith explosions coming from the hallway. They kept getting louder and louder until the door swung open. It was Kacchan. He was the last person i wanted to see here.

"What the hell you shitty Deku?!" He yelled.

"Go away.." I said softly. He stomped over to me and grabbed me by my hair.

"Why the HELL would you go and do something like that?! You made your mom worry!" He yelled in my face. I felt tears rushing to my eyes.

Is he seriously wondering why?! Is he that dense?! I thought to myself.

"You told me to." I said with a blank expression. He gave me a disgusted look with a hint of worry in it. He forcefully let go of my hair. His mouth opened, but no words came out. He then left the room.

Katsuki's POV

I left the shitty nerd's room. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. It was my fault. I was overwhelmed with guilt, yet i didn't have the balls to say sorry.

~ The Next Day ~

Izuku's POV

"You are free to leave! You mother is waiting for you in the lobby." The doctor said with a smile as he peeked his head through the door, then closed it and left. I sat up in the hospital bed and looked down. I didn't want to confront my mom. It felt embarrassing almost. She's blaming herself when it was clearly my own fault, it hurt. I caused her so much trouble. Too much trouble. I didn't deserve her kindness.

I got up and changed into a different set of clothes that my mom brought for me. I grabbed my belongings then left the room. I hesitantly went through the elevator.

I should just run away. I thought to myself. I didn't want to go back home. I didnt want to go
back to school. I didn't want to deal with the torture i know kacchan will put me through if i do go back. Everyone will laugh at me because i 'failed'.

Instead of going to the lobby, i went to the roof.  There was a latter leading all the way down, so i went down. I wanted to avoid my mom. Her life would be better off without me.

Once i got down, i ran. I ran for what seemed like hours. I didn't know where i was going, all i knew is i wanted to be as far away from my old life as possible. I ended up in an abandoned part of the city. There was a bunch of broken down buildings and some sketchy looking people walking around. It was terrifying. All of a sudden, i felt someone's hand, minus one finger, wrap around my neck with a strong grip. My eyes widened and i was paralyzed with fear.

"Hey kid, you seem like a perfect vessel for one of master's experiments~" A man said with a raspy voice. I felt my body trembling, then, everything went dark.