Prologue

The house was still silent when  Gulfs alarm went off, pulling him out of a dreamless sleep. Slightly annoyed, he put it out with a single movement and carefully opened his eyes.
Sun-rays hit him in an instant, resulting in him shutting them again and turning away from the window. A moment later, when he wasn't half asleep anymore, Gulf opened his eyes again and yawned.

Though the alarm was really annoying, there was one thing a hundred times worse then it: Mild waking him up in the morning.
Gulf wasn't sure how his normally composed, dutiful and workaholic beta sometimes just became a completely dork and even less did he understand, how both of this versions of Mild were one person. Okay, he could actually understand.

It was almost like a sign from the moon goddess, that Gulf and Mild were meant to be partners in crime. The latter was just one month older than him and additionally the former betas son, so it was obvious that Mild would be Gulfs Beta as well. Growing up together, he wasn't sure if that was such a good idea, Mild was really just a nosy asshole that liked getting on his nerves. But he somehow loved this version of him, at least Gulf always had someone to do dumb stuff with or someone to make him laugh. When his friend had turned 14, short before him, things started calming down a tiny little bit, thanks to No. Though his wolf and his human side both loved making comments that made Gulf roll his eyes, No was a more protective version of his friend and dutiful.  Yes, he sometimes was silly and in for a race too, but in the end he would always finish his tasks and look out for Gulf.

Well, it seemed reversed in Gulfs case. Growing up as the Alphas only offspring, he soon was expected to behave in important situations and learned his duties. Keeping a clear mind and not getting angry or emotional too fast was part of that as well. Screw that, was Types answer for it .
If Gulf was honest with himself, his other half really was a dickhead and an asshole. Getting angry because of nothing? Unreasonable? Rude? Yea, that would be Type.

Thankfully, over the past 11 years, he matured a lot, but only after screwing Gulfs life a couple of times and a hundred told-offs from his father.

"Guuuuuullffff wake up!"

The door got pushed open violently and there he stood: the beta of the pack, ready to make Gulfs morning 'great' again.

"Morning... ", he answered and then scoffed: "... next time don't push so hard or you'll pay for the door."

With a second yawn, he got out of the double bed and stretched a little, just in  his boxershorts.

"Sir, yes sir ", Mild answered in a military like tone and saluted, before breaking out in laughter. Gulf could just shake his head.

"So what is todays schedule?"

He started walking to his bathroom and the other followed him.
Growing up together had his pros and cons: at some point you just didn't mind if the other was there, even if you were about to take a shower.

"Well obviously first we need some food, or I'll die.", he joked and sat down on the sink, while Gulf put his boxers in the 'dirty clothes' bin and started taking a shower.

"Well then some regular pack work till 10am. There will be a meeting about yesterdays mission."

Gulf slowly nodded and rubbed the shower gel on his whole body before washing it off again. After putting out the water, he started drying himself.

"I'll pay them a visit after the meeting. At least those whose condition isn't too bad. "

They went to his wardrobe and Mild was quick to hold out an outfit for today, that Gulf was satisfied with: black boxershorts, dark blue suit pants and a fitting white button up shirt.