↳ Win - Sunflower Field

I jolted awake

I jolted awake. Sweat glued my shirt to my skin, my heart pounded against my rib cage, and tears coursed down my cheeks.

Another bad dream.

Why is it that when I sleep in new places, my dreams would get crazy? My performances in every dance classes aren't helping, either. I felt like a robot compared to all the students in camp. I somehow dread what could happen on the day ahead.

I searched for my phone under my blanket to look at the time. Four thirty a.m. It's still pretty dark out and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. My roommate, Aecha, still sleeps soundly from her bed.

For the last couple of nights that I woke up like this, I just laid down here and waited for the time. It's a really boring process so, today, I decided to take my mind off by taking a stroll outside. I know. It's a bit scary but I wanted to see how the woods look like at dawn.

I went out our room and down the flight of stairs to the common room. I was surprised when I saw the lights on. Someone must already be awake. I was about to go out the front door when someone spoke. I didn't even notice there's someone there.

"You're the new girl right?"

I turned around and saw Seungmin, one of the dance princes and my roommate's brother, sitting on one of the couches and holding a cup of some hot beverage in his hand. "Hi." I said with a smile, trying my best to feel awake. "Yes, I am."

"And you happen to be my sister's roommate." He doesn't look pleased. My smile immediately faded. "I wish you wouldn't drag her down. I heard you aren't doing well in class."

I hesitantly nodded. I get the feeling he doesn't like me very much. He's right that I'm not doing well, but that shouldn't be a reason to snap at me. If I'm already fully awake, I could've say some witty retort.

He stood up and walked over to me. I resist the urge to step back. I don't know what he's capable of. "Huijun said he brought you to the rooftop? He even said you're good. But why isn't it reflecting on your performances?" He locked eyes with me as if waiting for an answer. But he continued, "I also feel bad for Seongjun hyung for being partnered with you in hip hop. I hope it wouldn't affect his grades."

Apparently, having those interactions with the two dance princes he mentioned aren't helping with my image. If anything, they're making me seem worse. I tried to look unfazed and look straight into his eyes. "I'll make sure I won't drag anyone down."

He just nodded. "I hope so." And then he went back to his seat, sipping on his cup.

When I went out the door and closed it behind me, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. What was that all about? I tried not to let him get to me. I don't need that negativity right now. It has only been a couple of days and there's still plenty of time to improve.

I breathe in the early morning air. Yes, nature will calm me down.

There are light posts installed every few meters around the camping grounds and I decided to just let my feet take me anywhere they want. I passed by the cafeteria cabin and I noticed it's already open. Maybe that is where Seungmin got his drink.