[Huijun] Dreaming

Huijun's POV

Huijun's POV

It's Haeun's final preliminary debate today. She told me it's about government restricting freedom of speech or something. I don't know which side she's on and somehow I found myself watching her on stage with other debaters from other schools through a glass wall when I should be on the other side of the city, sitting in class.

Haeun's my best friend and I'd do anything for her but that doesn't go well because, most of the time, she's the one doing everything for me. I always needed more attention anyways because I'm bound to be in trouble all the time considering...do I have to say it?...yeah, no. I just get in trouble all the time.

The debate exchange is going intense now and no matter how many times I watch her, my jaw drop in awe. Like how does she do that? Words just spat out her mouth and she doesn't even look at the piece of paper she'd prepared even though they're allowed to. And hey, I may be biased, but she's the best.

Other debaters stated their points and she always have something to say. I won't be surprised if she's the most hated by the opposing team. It went on for about thirty minutes and I have no idea what they're talking about.

Suddenly, a man wearing a black hat in the middle of the audience stood up. He really looked out of place. I mean, the debate is still ongoing but nobody seemed to notice him. Everyone is still focused on the exchange upfront and no one, not even the person behind the strange man, is paying him any attention.

For a moment he just stood there. Am I the only one seeing him? After a while, he stretches one of his arms forward and that's when I noticed a gun in his hands, pointing at the debaters.

I screamed. For a split second, the man looked at me menacingly through the glass wall and he began firing the first bullet, then another one. My eyes frantically scanned the room for Haeun. I don't know if someone was shot but everyone is going around wildly now, making it hard for me to spot my best friend.

Finally, I saw her ducked down behind the podium. I ran to find the door but I only found myself running around in circles outside the room. That's when I saw the debate room wholly. It's enclosed in a big transparent rectangular space like an aquarium. Which is weird because how did they get in there without a door?

People are either running around, screaming or hiding behind or under something, the strange man stood still in the middle of all the chaos. Someone should've caught him by now but everyone act like he's invisible. Maybe he is but that doesn't make any sense.

I shouted Haeun's name while thumping on the wall and she looked up at me.

"It's okay. I'll get you out of there." I said but my voice sounded distant as if it didn't came from me at all.

"Hurry!" She answered shakily.

When I looked around to figure out something, anything, I saw the man raised his gun again and pointed it to my best friend.