[Minjae & Huijun] Conflict

Huijun's POV

          "Yah! How did it go?" I asked Minjae so excitedly as soon as he walked in the classroom. He went on a date with Jeah, a girl from another class, yesterday after school. He's been crushing on her since middle school and he only had the courage to ask her out recently.

          "Why are you so nosy?" He smiled but somehow he doesn't look so pleased.

          "Did something wrong happened?" I asked, concerned.

          "No." He said, sensing my change of reaction.

          I smiled. "Then you should be happy! You know I've been rooting for you ever since you told me you can't stop thinking about her."

          "What are you saying?" He asked, playing it cool. One date and he's acting like this?

          I smirked teasingly "Remember one time at gym class when you were crying because she...?"

          "Yah!" He exclaimed. I laughed "Stop it."

          I patted his shoulder. "Then tell me what happened." He just looked at me as if choosing his words carefully. "Did you messed it up?"

          "If you were me," he started. "What will you do—"

          "Minjae-yah!" Jeah called from the door and cut him off. Both of us looked at her as he gestured for Minjae to come.

          "Ooooh." I teased.

          "Shut up." He whispered, smiling,  then got up to go to her.

          I watched them talk for a few seconds and I thought that maybe everything went well. I figured I wouldn't pester Minjae anymore about them because I'm pretty sure he'll tell me if something's up.

          They went home together for the next couple of days and they often talk at the hallway during breaks but Minjae still isn't saying anything. He'll tell me if they're going out now, right? I'm dying of curiosity but I don't think I can rush him on telling me. It's not like they're hiding their relationship if they really are going out.

          I went to the cafeteria alone during break where I overheard Jeah and her friends talking.

          "So are you and Minjae a thing now?" One of her friends asked.

          "What? No!" Jeah answered defensively.

          "Why? You're getting along well. And besides, you two are cute together."

          "Please." She said. "It's not like that. Let's just say we're working on something."

          It's not like that?

          I went to Minjae after I bought some food. "Hey," I said. "You two aren't dating yet?"

          "I never said we are." He answered.

          "But you're hanging out." I said. "That's a good sign, right?" He sighed. "What?" He looked at me intently. "What?" I said again.

          "I don't even know if what I'm doing is right." He said.

          "Trust me, if you can't tell me, it's definitely not right."

          He half snorted. "Since when did we do something right?"

          I smiled with him. "True." I stared at him. Something's definitely not right.

          When class was over, I saw Jeah by the door when I was fixing my things. I scanned the room for Minjae but he's nowhere to be found. I picked up my bag and went to her.