❖Weak | Noritoshi Kamo

Growing up from a strict family and environment, you always felt the enormous pressure, pushing you down years after years. Eyes are looking at your every action and every movement, the need to be the strongest and be someone you aren't.

"You are the next in line."

Just by those words, it hunted you since you were a child. Being compared to each family and being compared to your father was the greatest nightmare you had.

Your father is a powerful, honored shaman and the leader of your clan. Thus, they expected that you must be the same, only because you inherited your father's rare ability, forcing you to be the same as him.

'The great test.' each clan called, is an individual test for every chosen candidate, whether you are the rightful heir to lead and hold the responsibility of your family's name, the (L/N)-clan. And now, your respected grandfather is coming to be your judge after your-one month preparation.

You were quiet about the subject to your friends, leaving them clueless, knowing that they would love to help, but they already did a lot of things for you, and you didn't want to take their time or bother them.

Whenever they come and ask what you have been doing, you always decline and choose not to respond, when they already noticed that your cheerful face no longer became the same as you pushed yourself to practice to the fullest than you usually do.

But from your actions, you are unaware that while you've been keeping secrets, you are making Noritoshi irritated, day after day.

You see him as your caring, older brother, despite being the same of age as he was a mature person than you are. Both of you are best friends since you were a child where you share each other's deepest, darkest secrets. Thus, he knows you more than anyone.

In the middle of the night, you sneaked out of your room to push yourself to the limit, not minding whether you overdo it because you wanted to change your clan's mindset and lead them in the right path.

You remembered what they did to you and your father. A clueless little girl, forced against your will to be separated from your good father to train and study, not knowing that it would be the last warmth you will feel from him.

You can barely imagine his face and his voice, but you can feel the feelings he brought to you. He poured out his fatherly love you that you always seek. You wish to go back in time where the two of you shared your smiles and laughter. To change the past where he was supposed to die with you from his side.

Hence, you have been internally cursing and hating the system where only for the reason of producing the rightful heir, they would remove all the traces of love and acceptance.

You practiced day and night the sword skill your father passed to you, your stance, and every ability you have to improve and show. You admit that you look down at yourself and define yourself as a weak person as you fully understand that your family may forsake you and reject your whole being, but that didn't stop your will to grow inside-out. Not for them but you and your father.

You trained and trained, but in the middle of the night, you saw a figure leaning in a tree. His gaze is on you while he has seriousness in his eyes, seeking for an answer. He went towards you as you stop your actions.

"Explain everything."

Noritoshi summarized every question he wanted to ask with a hint of anger in his voice with only two words. You know that you hurt him as a friend when you promised each other not to keep any secrets, but seeing him getting angry like that means that it is a serious business.

"Grandfather is coming for 'The Test.'"

You look down, guilty for not saying anything for your so-called friends. He burrowed his eyebrows more, breaking the calm face he was having.