❖ Seashell | Yuji Itadori

~I dare you~

|

She sells seashells by the seashore

Under the scorching sun, two kids are playing side by side. Skipping, jumping, and playing around on an expanse of sand and pebbles along the shore that they always go.

"(Y/N)-san! Look at this seashell! It's the shape of a heart!" Young Yuji said as he waves his hands towards you while running to his direction.

The two of you were awestruck by the first-ever heart-shaped shell both of you have ever seen. It was unfair if one of us doesn't have one so Yuji looks for another. You began to play with it until you finally remembered a quote you read from a book.

" 'A perfect shell is a gift from the sea, as beautiful and unique, as our love is meant to be.' Isn't that so romantic?!."

You wore a cheerful smile as you share your love for romance at a young age at the boy but as a clueless person, you were surprised that he understands and agreed with you.

"Hey! Because it's a romantic shell, let's promise each other to give these seashells to the person we love when we grow up. But of course! We need to tell each other when we'll give it. Okay?"

You said as your childhood friend agreed. Your family and Yuji's were very close, that's why even in every outing trip or in every school, you are together. It's also a surprising coincidence to become a shaman together. Yuji ate Sukuna's finger, and you were starting to see curses.

Being with Yuji for a long time, you were also feeling different together with him. It was a strange feeling that has been bothering you for a long time.

It started when he suddenly changed his actions toward you. Instead of treating you like a boy, he began treating you like a fragile girl. He became more gentlemanly towards you, and always wear that dazzling smile to you. But most importantly, you keep catching him off guard looking at you while playing with the necklace seashell the two of you made for each other.

You didn't really know what you were feeling, but as a romance lover, you knew very well what it was, so you decided to confess to him and give him the shell you once promised.

You were about to go to him when he went to you first. Heart beating fast and nervousness is taking over, but you tried hard conquering it. "Hey (Y/N)-san, do you remember the time we promised each other about giving this seashell to the one we love?"

"Yup, what about it?" you didn't want to sound nervous so you acted very comfortably as you always are with him.

"I think I'm ready to give it. ", he smiled and laughed, embarrassed. But you were discouraged and disheartened. You didn't know he already liked someone. And at the same time you were wishing it was you, but when he said "wish me luck" and waved goodbye to you, you lose hope for him liking your life back.

You were feeling down as you lose the strength to smile and go back to everyone. You knew you had to see Yuji again while you hide that embarrassed face you were having, so you just went back to class until you heard a loud shout.

You ran fast as you could, only to see those big smiles they all have, while everyone looks at Nobara. You saw her wear a familiar accessory in her finger. The seashell, you just talked with Yuji. She told everyone that her new boyfriend was supposedly going to give her a necklace but, she insisted on it to be a ring. You looked at Yuji, making eye contact, and saw him didn't wear the necklace he had.

You inhaled deeply, not letting the tears to escape. You immediately congratulated the happy girl and ran fast as you could to an isolated place on the school grounds. You looked up and saw the blossom tree dancing through the air, making you calm down while you let your tears flow down.

" (Y/N) "

You heard him call your name.

You fastly wiped your teardrops in your face, leaving your eyes and cheeks to redden. You turned around, waiting for each other to speak until you break the silence.

"Congratulations, You didn't tell me you liked Nobara. You know I can help you with it, right? After all, I am a romance expert." you forced yourself to smile and be positive.

" Wait, (Y/N), what do you mean? That's true that I'm already in love with someone and it's not Nobara." he slowly walked towards you, making you only stare at his eyes for a long time.

"Then tell me who it is, please" you cut the eye contact with him as you ask him that question. He slowly moved closer to you and whispered to your ears.

"I love you, (Y/N), and there is no other." he opened his necklace box and put it around your neck. You didn't know what to say when you hear him say that to you and when you saw him give out the seashell necklace you promised to give to your special someone. And Yuji just laughed when he saw your super red face and your shocked reaction.

"I-I also l-love you, Yuji. So I'll give this to you." You gave your necklace to him while not daring to look at his handsome face directly, believing that you might die from a heart attack.

"I know" he wore a smile. What you didn't know is that he caught you taking a glimpse of his reaction, making him blush from your actions too.

Yuji explained that Nobara is acting as the protagonist in the drama she's watching. Which made you cover your face with your hair from embarrassment but he moved it and caressed your head.

Suddenly, he carved the first letter of both of your names on your shells. Making it very special for both of you. He kissed your forehead and used the time to be together, seeing a visible blush in your cheeks.

You had no clue that everyone was hiding and wearing a smirking face. Taking a lot of photos and videos.

Good luck surviving the teasing ~