Chapter 12 - A Dream For a Future

Author's Notes: What's on Anakin's mind?

"I'll be there soon, Obi-wan," Anakin assured him.

"You need to be more specific than that. I'm already exhausted from staying awake, and the heat from this darn forsaken planet is killing me." Obi-wan replied, his inability to keep his eyes open.

"Patience, Master Kenobi. I'll be there in three rotations."

"Ugh... Master Kenobi-out."

Obi-wan was done with Anakin's shenanigans and ended the call, but not before shaking his head in disappointment.

Anakin laid back onto his cot and focused his stare towards the ceiling while placing his hands behind his head. He was still unfamiliar with this type of configuration compared to his older Venator, The Resolute. Albeit the newer model was more robust in armaments, he missed the recollections that were made with the old one.

"So. When am I getting my own clone legion, Master?" Ahsoka questioned, as Anakin imagined her what she looked like in the past.

"Not yet, 'Soka. But you're nearly there." He thought, remembering when Ahsoka boarded his flagship for the first time.

Anakin browsed around the room where his items he lost on The Resolute should have been. The starfighter models that were supposed to be on the shelves are now covered in thick layers of dust. The chest full of mechanical and fighter parts was gone too.

"There. A fully built antenna. You've come a long way in the past few months. Keep it up, and you'll be a Jedi Knight in no time."

She still wasn't a Jedi Knight yet. There was only one thing that he relished about the newer model that differentiated from the older version, and that was the Jedi quarter. It accommodated more space as it was humongous like a living room, but there was one drawback. There was only one Jedi quarter. He didn't mind sharing the room with Ahsoka, but privacy was definitely an issue.

"I sense that you're uneasy. You can't hide it from me." Ahsoka revealed, shifting her body to face Anakin across the room.

"Get some rest and go back to sleep." Anakin insisted as his back was turned facing towards her.

"Obi-wan should've told me about the mission. I could have helped! I mourned for him." Anakin ranted.

"Anakin, please look at me. I agree with what you're telling me, but you can't hold a grudge forever. It's not the Jedi way." Ahsoka explained.

Anakin turned back to face her with remorse for realizing what he has done. She was right; it wasn't the Jedi way.

"I just feel betrayed." Anakin sighed.

Ahsoka studied his countenance with shock. She was surprised her Master was upset as he expressed his feelings towards her, she removed the sheets that blanketed her and sat on the edge of the bed to equip her boots. She quietly walked towards Anakin and knelt to face him.

"I'll always be here for you." Ahsoka comforted, placing her hand on his side. She stood up and clipped her padawan beads onto the rear of her headdress. "So what will it be tonight? Hot chocolate or blue milk?"

"Surprise me," Anakin replied, sitting up and stretching his arms. "And thank you, Ahsoka."

"That's what Padawans are for." She cheered as they both laughed from her joke.

At least Anakin can repose easily, kenning there will be more memories to be made onboard the ship. Following in Obi-wan's footsteps, Anakin's eyes grew cumbersome and tired every minute that he passed by reminiscing. Anakin soothingly closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber.