Chapter 5 - A Day Of Healing

The medical room was slightly dimmed, and the only light emitted in the place was the hyperspace lane shimmering through the arched rectangular windowpane. After hours of Ahsoka peacefully napping, she gently awakened to a vague discomfort around her lower abdomen.

Anakin.

She believed as she raised her head towards the sight of him lying on her stomach. She suddenly turned slightly to the right and gazed out the window, and she permitted Anakin to sleep for a few moments before she became uncomfortable. Though, she didn't mind as the warmth emanating from his head kept her heated from the chilly breeze the room provided.

She listened to the hydraulic door slid open to the left and detected a notable Clone equipped with shouldered plate armor. It was Rex. He relished the peaceful display he witnessed among the two and took a seat to relaxed on the right side of Anakin. Ahsoka placed her finger over her lips, symbolizing him to be quiet. 

"Glad you're alright, Commander." Rex softly chuckled.

"Looks like saving me stressed you guys a lot. Anakin looks exhausted." She whispered, pointing her eyes towards Anakin.

"He arrived at Coruscant for four hours before he came all the way back just to get you, but we had it all under control, don't worry." He replied, scratching the back of his ear.

"I appreciate it, and what about Ventress, Rex?" She queried, pressing her lips tightly together. 

"I regret to tell you. We lost Ventress in the labyrinth of tunnels. We dispatched a battalion to check it out, but they came out negative." Rex informed her.

"It's okay. It seems the Sith love to run away." Ahsoka ridiculed.

"Separatist scums," Rex answered.

Rex then noticed Ahsoka in an agonizing expression which indicated him to awaken Anakin. He shuddered Anakin's arm carefully, and he gradually raised his head.

"Hey, sleepyhead," Rex muttered. Anakin scanned his surroundings and subsequently realized where he was.

"Ahsoka! You're awake! How are you feeling?" Anakin exclaimed, staring at her face to face.

Ahsoka smiled at him and responded. "I'm doing alright, Master. Though I feel like I'm floating in the air a bit."

"I think that's the medication," Rex verified.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. I could have..." Anakin was interrupted by Ahsoka raising her hand.

"Rex, leave us," Ahsoka commanded, shooing him away with her hand. He smiled and acknowledged, then stepped out of the room.

"Master, please... Don't blame this on yourself. You're the best Master a Padawan could ever have. All the Padawans are jealous of me because they don't think I'm worthy of being your apprentice." She praised him.

"You are worthy, Ahsoka." Anakin countered.

"I know. Ventress didn't defeat me in combat. Ironically, it was nature that did. Maybe you should train me more on defeating nature instead." They both grinned and snickered for a moment. Anakin accepted that she acted fine and that it wasn't his fault; however, it still didn't alter his thought on securing her position as the best Jedi and Force user in the galaxy.

"Do you have anything in mind once we get back on Coruscant?" Anakin questioned.

"Oh, you know. The usual. Going to be practicing hard on saber training, backflips, and so on." She teased, as it made Anakin tilt his head with a smirk.