Chapter 1 - A New Face, A New Friendship

After delivering "Rotta," Jabba the Hutt's Son, both Anakin, and Ahsoka, trudged back to the LAAT Gunship that would be carrying them into the Resolute. Before following his lead, Ahsoka slightly looked up towards Anakin's expression and saw a half-hearted smile emerge.

"We need to discuss some rules, Padawan," Anakin demanded, as he employed a force to leap to get inside the gunship.

"Jag. We're all accounted for. Take us up." Rex announced as the engines spooled up and boosted away from the platform.

Jag retorted with a strict reply, "Yes, Sir!"

"I'm listening, Skyguy." Ahsoka permitted, with a quizzical smirk on her face. She attempted to be enthusiastic regarding it, but she wasn't particularly fond of going over the rules a second time.

"I really don't want you calling me those nicknames when we're around other Jedi, so I expect you to call me Master as a sign of respect. You got it, Snips?" Anakin rebuked, standing firm and holding onto a latch above him.

Ahsoka wasn't surprised. She knew all the mundane Masters would answer the same until she noticed he concluded his sentence with Snips. She presumed both of them weren't permitted to be name-calling.

"Snips?" She queried, partially loosening her lips.

"Look around. There aren't any Jedi around here. Are there?" Anakin bantered as he planted his metal hand on her shoulder. Ahsoka rolled her eyes as the vessel was closing in towards the Resolute.

"Gunship 253, This is the Resolute. We request your clearance code." A bridge captain inquired. Jag transmitted the authorization codes for landing into the computer and used the Numpad to insert the console numbers: 100308. The bridge accepted them into the ship's landing bays, and the Resolute's main hangar doors that ran parallel through the center opened apart. The gunship promptly occupied a refueling sector of the cruiser, and Jag opened the bay doors to offload the troops. Anakin motioned the troops to get together once he hopped out.

"Everyone gather around me. Yes. We all know you want to leave, but hear me out. You did well out there. I'm happy with the results, troopers. You all deserve this break... and one more thing. You treat my Padawan, over here, as you treat me." He critiqued.

Everyone dispersed, and both the Jedi traveled to their corresponding quarters.

"So when am I getting my Clone legion, Master?" She inquired.

"Ahsoka, these men are loyal to you and me. You're now their General, and they will listen to your commands. As long as you treat them as humans and not expendable clones, they will earn your respect. The 501st is yours." Anakin responded.

She was mesmerized by his acknowledgement. She didn't anticipate receiving an answer like that, but it made her feel important, which she hasn't felt in a long time.

"Here is your quarter. Relatively small, but we won't be on missions that are often on the Resolute." Anakin concluded, motioning his hand for her to enter the room. Ahsoka glimpsed around and smiled before becoming relaxed in her cot mattress. Anakin suddenly saluted her with two fingers and closed the door.

Anakin arrived at his room as he used the force to shut the door behind him. He took a holo-projector out of his drawer and dived towards the bed. The lights were slightly dimmed so that he could concentrate on his mind. However, it didn't help him as he started to fidget with the holo-projector.

I still don't know if this is still a joke, Obi-wan. Why give me a Padawan?

He reflected in his head. Before contacting Obi-wan, Anakin needed more time to evaluate. They both knew he didn't want a Padawan, but he saw how similar they are during the past few days. A rebellious attitude, an interest for battles, a desire to adventure, and despite her age, she was skilled and athletic.