Chapter 10 - A Diplomatic Mission (Part 2)

Photo Creds: larajdraws

The dining hall was not recognizable any longer as it was adjusted into a ballroom dance floor. The white blanketed tables were pushed out towards the edge of the walls to accommodate space in the center of the room. Ahsoka slouched in one of the chairs that would make her gaze at the guests' slow dancing, and the dancers would always rotate to a different person every few minutes. She focused on Anakin and Padme concretely as they were passionately dancing. Still, Anakin knew how to keep his feelings in control, preventing Ahsoka from not sensing his relationship with Padme. A technique he learned from being around Obi-wan too many times. Instead of Anakin switching to a different partner, he ambled towards Ahsoka with his hand reaching out in need of her presence.

"Would you like to join me in this dance?" Anakin said.

"I don't dance, Skyguy." She replied with minimal eye contact. "You'll learn along the way. Follow my lead, and you'll be fine." he comforted.

Ahsoka hesitantly placed her palm on Anakin's hand and lifted herself up, before Anakin led her towards the center of the ballroom floor. Unlike where the tables are located, the center area was lit with bright lights shimmering down at them. She felt Anakin place his mechanical hand behind her waist and intertwined his left with Ahsoka's. She scanned around and imitated a dancer's hand positions, and Anakin guided her with his footing.

"Look at my foot and the direction I will be going, Snips. It's pretty simple, and you'll be able to master it." Anakin instructed as he smirked while enjoying every minute of it.

"I always do. Maybe better than you once I get the hang of it." She smirked back. "Where did you learn to dance, anyway?" Ahsoka added.

"It's a requirement that needs to be learned on your own when taking diplomatic assignments like these. The Senators would always host parties at their homeworld, and one of the events included slow dancing. You should have seen Obi-wan tango with other Senators." Anakin explained.

"That will be kindly noted. Now I know what available missions not to choose when looking at the Jedi holo-screen. I don't mind it once in a while, honestly. I like how it's peaceful at times." Ahsoka figured as she started to get the hang of slow dancing.

"Do you know what I like?" Anakin asked, gazing at her while she focused her sight downwards on the movement of her feet.

"And what's that?" She replied.

"Your beautiful smile," Anakin softly said.

"Huh!?" she replied, disentangling her hand from Anakin's and taking a step back to fixate at him.

"Did I offend you?" Anakin queried.

"No, it's just... I thought Jedi... they aren't..." She stuttered, before being interrupted.

"I would do anything to be with you. You're beautiful, Ahsoka..." Anakin professed. Ahsoka's lekku blushed into a darker and deeper blue when hearing his compliment. She bit her lip and turned her face around in embarrassment.

"Anakin I... I..."

"Ahsoka..."

"I..."

"Ahsoka!" Anakin expressed with a deep voice.

"Mmm... yeah?" Ahsoka groaned as she placed her arm over her eyes to block out the sunlight that was beaming at her. She sat up on the bed and shot her head towards Anakin.

"You were talking in your sleep. Something about 'eye' or you? Is everything alright?" Anakin asked as he attached his dark armor chestplate to his chest. At this moment, Ahsoka knew that what she witnessed and heard from Anakin was just a dream. "Or was it a vision of the future." she thought in her head.